Ayame becomes a Bride!

Start from the beginning

"She wants a handsome guy! I'm doomed!" Umino cried. Poor guy. He was seriously crushing hard on Usagi. He deserved someone else.

Naru ignored them and ate her ice cream.

Ayame sighed as Usagi tried to get the ice cream out of her hair. "I don't understand what the rush is. We're only fourteen and in middle school. We have the rest of our middle school years, high school years, and college. If and when I ever marry, I personally want it to be for love. I don't care if he isn't hansome, or rich. He doesn't have to be prince or anything fancy like that. As long as he make me happy is enough for me."

"That's amazing, Ayame." Naru told her.

"Thanks. I'll see you later, Naru, Umino. Come on Usagi. We need to head home and I need to stop by the Juban Community Center before that to do some volunteer work."

Gathering their bags the two left and headed to the Community Center. Purely coincidently a wedding was taking place. The people invited talking and congratulating the new husband and wife.

Usagi gasps at the beautiful scene. "What a beautiful bride! I'm so jealous! That really is the dream of every young girl in love. I hope it's me someday."

Ayame just sighed. She had to agree with Usagi a little there. She hoped she would also find the right man and get married. Looking over before heading into the center to the volunteer area she noticed something and pointed it out. "Hey Usagi, look!"

On the sidewalk some men in suits were putting up a sign. Once it was put down the two girls got a closer look at it and read it.

"Hm. What's this? A handmade wedding dress contest? And the grand prize is a lavish, all-expense wedding reception?!" Usagi cried out.

"As well as a honeymoon in Hawaii?" Ayame asked.

Usagi ignored her as she rabbled on beginning to daydream. "Wow! A lavish wedding reception! I can just picture it! And my groom would be..."

Ayame thought about what her wedding would be like. She would wear a traditional veil that would cover her face until the groom would move it. She could just imagine her father crying at her wedding and trying not to. She was his only baby girl after all. She also thought how it was just the reception and honeymoon. Whoever won would still have to pay for everything else like the dress, the ceremony and invitations.

Breaking out of her daydreaming Usagi began to laugh until she realized something. "Ugh, but I'm hopeless when it comes to sewing. I'll never be able to make a dress!"

"Hold on! An all-expense-paid wedding reception?!" A familiar voice said. Usagi and Ayame turned to see none other than Rei. "But what if you don't have anyone- I mean, what if you and your fiance haven't decided on a date?!" Rei asked.

"Please try to remain calm. The prizewinner can choose to have the ceremony held at any time they want." The Emcee answered.

The crowd gasped at the new information. That just sweetened the deal for many girls hoping for the future.

"Alright!" Rei said as she chuckles. "I'd better hurry up then, and make my move!"

"Hi, Rei." Usagi said smugly.

"Ah! Usagi!" Rei said startled.

"Whatcha doing?" Usagi continued.

"Oh, nothing! Ha-ha-ha! Why are you here?" Rei asked before switching gears and asking Usagi about her mother.

Seeing how Rei hadn't noticed her yet and Usagi seemed to forgotten she was there, Ayame decided to take her leave. She checked the volunteer area and nothing new was happening since her petition. After leaving, she saw many of the women and girls from before and others at the store Cloth Azubu Jyuban. The customers fighting over the fabrics. Ayame couldn't help but think they were crazy.