«cozy»

Johnny
"Johnny? What are you doing here?"

Holding up a bucket of popcorn, I sheepishly grinned.

"Movie night?"

Running her hands through her vivacious caramel locks she sighed. "Fine, come in."

I walked in to her dorm, that seemed to scream her personality. From the dusty pink walls to the many photos on her wall.

She gestured for me to sit and began surfing through the movies on netflix.
Finally stopping at the age of Adeline, Annie faced me.

"Can we watch this movie?"

"No!" I say shaking my head incredulously. I watched this with Lauren and once was more than enough.

"I'll make you the best tea you could ever drink." She countered leaving me chuckling to myself. She really was such a sweet and innocent soul.

Raising my arms in surrender I say "Alright fine, fine, we can watch it."

Her smile said it all as she walked off to make me "the best tea I could ever drink".

Annie
I ended up mentally facepalming myself as I made the tea. That's the best I could come up with? He must think I'm some weird hipster girl who talks about the art of tea and spends 15 mins educating you on how to brew it.

I'm not really into the art of brewing tea as opposed to the effects of tea.

As I contemplated between the vast array of flavours I had, I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me.

Leaning close to my ear, I felt his breath fan my ear.

"You didn't think you'd get away from me that fast, would you?" He whispered.

It sent chills down my back and I wanted him to hold me forever. However, I soon snapped back into reality and realised what he was doing.

Scowling, I quickly spun around only to notice the close proximity we were in.

Gazing into his eyes, I saw his eyes darken at the sight of me and I instantaneously lowered my eyes.

He placed his hands on either side of me an trapped me in between him.

"Are you okay?" He said innocently.

As if he didn't know what was bothering me.

Scoffing at him, I folded my arms and shouted angrily "Can you not do things like that?! We're no actually dating so I'd like it if you could respect my personal space. News flash, I'm not one of the unsuspecting girls that you can manipulate so get over it!"

He didn't have the right to do things like that. Especially since we weren't really dating.

"I'm sorry." John whispered softly, in a genuine and apologetic tone.

I instantly melted at those words. Even though I would never admit it, Johnny had an ability to say things that spoke to my soul. We had this connection that was so strong, it made everything else disappear when we were together.

Latching my eyes on his again, I felt my breath hitch at the tension and emotion in his eyes.

Like the warning bells in head, my phone rang.

Breaking our gaze, I lowered my eyes and walked away to answer my phone.

Johnny
Annie picked up her phone and walked over to the bedroom to continue her conversation.

I decided to finish making the tea as an apology. With both mugs in hand, I went to approach her but she was still in her conversation.

Thats funny, I thought while glancing at my watch, who would call at this late in the night?

"Yeah. No it's fine, I'll do it." She said into the phone while pacing the floor.

Annie sighed audibly before continuing "No, its fine. I'll take care of her."

She placed her phone in her pocket and noticed me standing there.

I set the mugs down on the table gave her an apologetic smile and ran my hands through my hair sheepishly

"I'm honestly so sorry, I kinda overstepped my boundaries why don't we just start over ok?"

Studying me for what felt like an eternity she finally let out a tired sigh and said softly "ok, now lets watch the movie"

...

Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Vote, comment & follow me :)