but

zuki entered her household quietly, hoping that yuta wasn't home, and if he was - that he didn't hear zuki enter. "hey," zuki jumped at the sound that cut the silence.

zuki turned to yuta, giving him a smile before making her way upstairs. nearing the top of the stairs, her actions were put to a stop as she got called down. "come here."

zuki slowly walked down the stairs, facing her brother. "you need me?" she asked quietly, hoping that yuta didn't notice the brokeness in her voice. "i heard," he told her, "about what mom planned. . ."

hasun nodded her head awkwardly. "just know that i'll be here for you, okay bub?" he smiled softly at the girl as he brushed his red hair. hasun nodded at her brother before walking back up the stairs.

hasun threw her bag onto the floor and she quickly lunged herself on the bed. her face burried in her pillow as she let out a deep sigh.

after having a breakdown in the public library, she packed up her things into her bag. she didn't leave quite yet, she made sure that she picked up a couple more textbooks to study from and then head home.

it was pleasant for zuki to know that her brother hadn't given her a speach about what her mom had planned - but instead let her have time to herself.

she didn't know what to do, honestly. she didn't get the name of who she was to be married with, she didn't know how he looked, or his age, or his ethnicity, nor did she know when or where they are to be married. god, she didn't know shit of her arranged marriage.

she shook the thought off as she finally gathered the energy to clean herself up. she walked to her closet and took out shorts and a huge over-sized t-shirt before entering the washroom.

zuki took a couple minutes of washing up. she walked out of the washroom with her hair in a half ponytail, a small face towal set on her shoulder as she wiped off her face. she tossed the face towel into her dirty laundry bin as she sat on the edge of her bed.

another school day would start tomorrow and zuki didn't know wether she would spend the night studying or sleeping. her contemplation was interrupted when her brother walked in holding a glass of milk. "you're not studying tonight," he told her as he set down the cup of milk.

zuki obeyed her brother, finding herself too lazy to study. "don't let the marriage get to you, i'll try to talk mom out of it, okay?"

"have a good night rest kiki," yuta told her as he quietly slipped out the door. zuki smiled, thinking about how lucky she was to have a brother like him. even though the arranged marriage is starting to stress her out, her brother managed to calm her down.

still sitting at the edge of her bed, her phone started blowing up with messages. she rached over and grabbed her phone to check out the messages. not opening the phone and going into the app - the notifications notified that the messages were from their groupchat.

zuki sighed, a thought of realization hit her. how was she supposed to tell her friends about the news?

that night, at the brink of slumber, zuki mentally noted that after her graduation, she would cut off all communications of her friends so they wouldn'y find out about her marriage, even if it mean it would hurt her.

-

zuki tapped on her phone furiously, wanting to stop the annoying beeping coming from the device. zuki groaned, getting up from her comfy bed. fuck mondays, zuki thought.

groggily moving up from her bed, she grabbed a towel from her closet and walked to the washroom to get ready for school.

it was when she was walking to school that she realized the messages her brother sent her. she hadn't looked through her phone that morning, making sure she was ready for school and had all her supplies set for another study session in the library.