having

and on that day, after the bell rang dismissing the whole school from their horrid classes, zuki dashed out of the campus. not only because she tried to avoid haechan and the gang, but because she was excited to head to the store and buy a brand new bathing suit. she wasn't too fond of swimming growing up. she never felt the excitement of swimming in a pool filled with water that other disgsuting human being's bathed in.

so, given the fact that zuki wasn't much of a swimmer, she didn't own much bathing suits. so there she was, heading into a shop that sold swimwear. walking down the aisle's searching for a swimsuit, her eyes laid onto a yellow two piece bathing suit, printed with sunflowers. for others, it might've been too simple for them, but for zuki, it was as if it was the most beautiful piece of swimwear.

grabbing it, it didn't take her long to walk up to the counter and pay for her purchase. she sighed, feeling satisfied for what she had just bought.

maybe haechan might think it's really pretty. and if i'm lucky, i might even get the chance to have haechan compliment it.

she thought.

the day came where they met up at the beach. it was the perfect day, the sun was shining brightly as the whole gang already gathered at the spot, having zuki as the last person to get there. "hey zuki- woah! nice swimsuit." haechan greeted, complimenting her aswell. a red tint appeared onto zuki's face, silently dying inside but still playing it off cool, "haha, hey. thanks."at the corner of her eye, she could see an unsatisfied expression plastered on jaerin's dface, feeling a tiny hint of jealousy.

"last one to the water treats ice cream!" yelled jaemin, quickly running off to the water, everyone doing the same. "hah! jaerin's last!" laughed renjun. "what? no! it was zuki!" she pointed. "ok, ok, fine. it was a tie," rolled jaemin's eyes. "rock paper scissors then." the two girls looked at eachother, walking up to eachother as they put out their hands. zuki put down a rock, for jaerin, she placed down scissors, immediately losing. her shoulder slumped down, quickly turning to haechan with her puppy eyes.

"i'll pay for her." he smiled at her. "yay!" she laughed, latching herself onto haechan. zuki mentally rolled her eyes, get a room, she thought. "nevermind, i'll just buy them." she suggested. "o-oh, okay then." said haechan, soon turning around to face his girlfriend. "i'll pay for you," whispered jeno. "eh? n-no, it's fine. i got some cash anyways." says zuki, turning down jeno's offer. "no, really. i insist." he smiled, his crescent shaped eyes evident (uwu). zuki smiled also, quickly whiping it off as jaemin splashed her. "hey love birds, quit chatting and get down into the water!" yelled jaemin, earning a chuckle from renjun.

"heh, love birds." laughed jeno.

l-love birds? but- what? we're just friends.

yeah. . . just friends.

"hey zuki." jeno creeped up at zuki, letting out a low snicker. "hey, what's up-" jeno pulled her deeper into the water, scaring zuki. "yah! lee jeno!" she screamed, her feet not touching the ground anymore. "lee jeno let go!"
"let go you say? okay then." he smirked, letting go of zuki. "no! don't let go!" she yelled, quickly reaching out for jeno. "jeno, i can't swim!" she admitted. "i know, that's why im holding onto you. don't worry i'm here." he smiled. "ah, i hate you." zuki said, hugging jeno tight for she was too scared to let go.

slowly, jeno held onto zuki as jeno swam their way to shallow water. once zuki felt her feet touching the ground, she looked up to see the others staring at them. "just date already." renjun said, earning a small punch from jeno and a soft laugh from jaemin. "w-what? no, we're just friends." chuckled zuki. "whatever you say~" teased renjun, earning another playful punch from jeno.

it was a while, but the group of teens slowly started to get bored in the water. they all decided that it was time for a snack break, so it was then zuki's doom to buy the snacks. waving off to the group, she walked her way to the nearest convenient shop. "hey, zuki, wait up!" jeno yelled, running up to zuki, out of breath. "hey, what are you doing her?" she asked. "remember, i told you i was gonna pay."