xvii. ready, set,, go.

“Ready? Set, Go.” Miguel called, as Cristiano took a sharp inhale.

Cristiano put his hands at his chest, pulling something that came out of his skin as if they were nothing. He wasn't going to use Copycat, he knew well how to use that one. They were new at this whole game.

Valentina watched, she curled her hands into fists, as Daniela observed. Cristiano looked at them, sweetly smiling. It made them fear, they knew that he was powerful, but they didn’t know to what extent. He pulled out three large sticks, threw one at each of them.

“Come on, Don’t keep me waiting,” Cristiano said, as his smile turned into one of determination. Valentina let go of her stick, grabbing Daniela and throwing her up into the air. As Daniela stayed up there. Floating. 

“That’s new. Now, what’s the next move.” Cristiano said as he threw his stick at Daniela. As she scrambled in the air, trying to dodge it. The stick dissolved, only for it to appear again. Closer to Daniela, as Valentina threw her stick at Cristiano. The stick suddenly turned around, heading for Valentina.

“He’s tricking us?!” Valentina exclaimed, as she quickly dodged the stick, barely. Daniela nodded quickly, as she focused on trying not to get hit by the stick but also not falling. 

“How are we supposed to do this?” Daniela screamed, for Valentina to hear. Cristiano observed their communication skills during the battle. He put his hand on his neck, a long stick came out. He closed an eye, and aimed it at Daniela, hitting her. She quickly lost her balance and fell, slowly. Cristiano dropped his second stick and put both his hands on his chest. Cristiano grabbed his stick, dissolving it and reappearing in front of Daniela. Pushing her down.

Valentina gasped, it was just her and the person she always wanted to be like. She needed to beat him, not fall for his tricks. A small warp appeared in front of her, a sword dropping in front of her. Valentina quickly grabbed it, standing herself. 

Cristiano laughed, “Valeria? Miguel? Really. What about my powerup?” He joked as he fell through a warp. He screamed, as two large hands grew from his back. The large hands set themselves on the ground, as Cristiano struggled to keep them still. Valentina sprang towards him, as Daniela watched.

“Come on, Give me your best shot,” Cristiano said, through his teeth. The hands managed to stand still. A third hand came from his stomach, It grabbed Valentina by the waist. Valentina quickly stabbed it, causing the hand to recoil.

“You're not winning this battle,” Valentina screamed, causing Cristiano’s hands to crumble. Leaving him to fall, As the hands desperately tried to grab on to something. The grassy field was clear, the hands could not grab anything. The hands recoiled fast, leaving Cristiano to fall. He screamed, using his last will power to make his stomach sprout a large hand, as he fell. The hand was reaching towards Valentina, managing to put her on the ground, as she quickly reacted.

“My, Win.” She yelled as she stabbed the hand repeatedly. A bird-like screech was heard, from supposedly none of them, until it was sharply cut off. The hand dissolved, and Cristiano fell to the ground, a thud. Daniela fell as well.

Miguel looked back, to Valeria, Mumbling something as she nodded. 

“Valeria has critiques and recommendations. But, Team Lopez Jr. Are the winners.” Miguel said as the two girls cheered. Valeria warped Cristiano beside her, as she put an arm at his waist, holding him up. The two girls made their way to the side where the rest stood. 

“Is he gonna be okay?” Valentina asked, Miguel sharply nodded. “Of course, Sure he’ll talk his mouth off about how proud he is of you two to Aldrich, But he’ll be fine.” He added.

“Why did he pass out?” Daniela asked as she looked up to Miguel. 

“A story for, another day,” Miguel said, fixing his scarf and going to help Valeria support Cristiano.