𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙴!

"I'm finna blow yo' mind," Tryce danced in my kitchen as he mixed some spices into the meat that was cooking

"All black people cook tacos the same, this gone taste just like my mamas, and my daddies, and,"

"We from two different areas and I know for a fact you ain't eva' had my tacos," he smirked as if he was so sure, cutting me off mid sentence.

I've had all kinds of damn tacos and if he wows me with his then I might just have to keep him.

I felt my phone buzz once again, it was Jakari trying to call me. This wasn't the first time and I felt bad for declining his phone calls but I was occupied.

"Why you keep declining it?" Tryce looked over at me. "Answer it,"

"It's not important," I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm here with you and I don't need any distractions,"

"You got some you need to tell me?" He raised an eyebrow and wore a blank look on his face.

I just let out a deep sigh. I have to tell him and if I don't I'll regret it once he finds out another way. He shouldn't take it the wrong way, hopefully he doesn't. Cause I don't want anybody else but him.

"My ex is in LA," I looked down at my hands and back up at him. "We caught up and it's nothing, we're just friends,"

"Oh," he twisted his lips. "That's who you was talking to at the store?"

"Huh?" I scrunched my eyebrows, confused as to how he even saw us and he was nowhere around.

"I saw and heard everything," he breathed out. "Hopefully I ain't got nothing to worry about, but I see he still got feelings for you. You got feelings for him?"

Old feelings. But that doesn't mean anything to me anymore. I actually liked Tryce, he was caring, he showed me a different point of view of life. My feelings for Jakari lingered but as long as I kept away from him I should be fine.

And I've been avoiding him at all costs.

"No," I looked Tryce in his eyes.

"You lying," he chuckled and stood across from me. "You hesitated and that's fine. Just don't have me chase you and you go pick another nigga,"

"I wouldn't do that," My eyes got soft and I shook my head. "I like you, Tryce,"

"Then be my girl, quit stalling and shit," he licked his bottom lip quickly.

"I'm not stalling," I scrunched my face up.

"You was and you are now," he scoffed. "If it's that damn hard then obviously you don't want me and obviously I been wasting my damn time,"

I watched Tryce leave the counter and grab all his things that he sat around the house.

"Where you going?" I got up to follow behind him.

"Giving you a chance to make up yo' mind. I told you what I wanted but when I ask you, you seem unsure. I gotta prepare myself for the worst, Dream," he turned back around and looked at me.

"No, you don't," I shook my head. "I know I want you. I know I wanna go out and let everybody know you my man. I know I wanna sit here and eat these tacos with you. I don't want anybody else Tryce. My minds already made up," I grabbed his arm hoping that he didn't leave me here.

"So?" He grew confused his eyebrows tying together.

"I'm your girl, you're my man," I rolled my eyes playfully, pulling his arm near me.

"Oh yeah?" He placed a kiss on my lips. "I like the way that sound,"

"Me too," I pressed my lips onto him, moving his neck down towards me. 

His hands roamed along my body and I didn't mind to let him explore. I was comfortable enough with him but I knew I wouldn't let things go too far.

Only thing you could hear was the sound of our lips moving together. My soft moans, his low groans, and some sizzling over in the kitchen.

"Oh shit, lemme turn this stove off," Tryce zoomed over towards the meat.

It wasn't burning but the grease in the pan was about to overflow into the heat. And I don't need any fires in my shit, it's only my second day here.

"You hungry?" He chuckled stirring the meat up and sitting it on a different stove eye.

"For you," I felt my cheeks move up.

"You can have me later. I'm not finna waste this good ass food," he said opening up the bag of tortillas as he began to fix up my taco.

He went through step by step just asking me what I wanted on it. I honestly didn't care I was just ready to see how good of a chef he was.

After he fixed up my tacos, he sat all three of them
on a plate and slid it in front of me and repeated the process for himself.

He mixed the chicken and steak together which I'd never seen before. And my family just uses El Paso's crunchy shells, he used actual tortillas. The ones that didn't tear.

Before I ever eat anything I examine it, and this taco was fixed neatly and I didn't wanna mess it up. But I did anyways and when I took that first bite, I was not disappointed.

This was probably one of the best tacos I've ever had. The seasoning made the meat flavorful and it had a moist texture. The small amount of toppings made it easier to taste everything yet I tasted a bit of lime on the taco.

"Tryce," I moaned as I finished chewing up the food. "This is so good,"

"Told you, we shoulda bet on this shit or some. Yo' ass didn't wanna believe me," he smirked and shook his head, sitting his plate in front of me.

"Shut up," I squinted my eyes at him. "Tacos prolly the only thing you know how to cook,"

"You'd be surprised," he chuckled. "When my ma had a stroke I couldn't think like a kid no more. I had to do it all by myself. Raised my lil' brothers and sisters and keep shit in order. I would cook and clean and help my mama out any way I could,"

"I didn't know that," I frowned and held his hand.

"I don't talk about it. But I'm not ashamed or anything. It was hard to cope with her not being able to talk, walk, or think for herself. But I try to go see her as much as I can, cause you never know," he shrugged his shoulders and breathed out heavily.

"Yeah, I know love," I smiled ear to ear trying to console him. "I really do appreciate you cooking for me though. You did ya thing,"

"Anything for you,"