𝙵𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚂𝚃𝚈𝙻𝙴!

I just nodded my head to the beat as I tried to work on some lyrics

I just nodded my head to the beat as I tried to work on some lyrics. They weren't coming to me like they used to and I hated that shit.

Any other time a verse would come to me within five minutes of hearing an instrumental. I don't know if it was the beat, the studio, or just the fact that I was being rushed to come up with a new song before this festival Saturday.

I tapped my finger against the notepad, following the beat. My head moved along and I tried to think of things that would go along with this beat. I hummed along with the music, trying to find the melodies and harmonies of the track.

"What you in here working on?" That deep chuckle made me turn around instantly.

"A new track," I looked up at Jon and pressed my lips together as I moved around in the spinning chair.

"Beat fire, what's wrong?" He scrunched his eyebrows. "What you got so far?"

"Nothing," I scoffed and palmed my face, looking at the two lines of lyrics I had wrote down, but I was just gonna scrap them once a new idea came along

"It's cause you all tense and shit. You gotta ease up girl," he rubbed his chin and pulled up a chair next to me.

"Yeah," I blew out. "It's been a rough couple of days for me. I'm trying to clear my head and usually writing does that for me but it ain't been working lately,"

"Sounds to me like you need ah blunt. You smoke weed?" His tongue flicked out swiftly and he just laughed.

"Nah," I scoffed and shook my head at him.

"You ever freestyled before? Why not just do that and keep whatever flows all that other shit can go," he chuckled catching on to his rhyme scheme. "I ain't even mean to do that,"

I thought it'd be a good idea if I stood up and tried to get loose. Sitting in that chair was comfortable until you've sat there for almost an entire day.

Pacing back and forth I just took a deep breath and told Jon to replay the track. I bopped my head as the beginning played.

I grabbed my notepad and read the lyrics I wrote, hoping they'd spark something in me.