She has a nightmare (requested)

She kept running and running but the guy who was chasing her was running faster. She tried to outrun him, trying to get to you but she couldn't and soon enough he caught up to her. He pulled her down on the ground and whispered something that she couldn't quite understand in her ear. She looked at him one last time before closing her eyes, waiting for it to happen.

But then, suddenly, she awoke. 

Her eyes shot open and she looked around the dark room, moving her hand across the bed to make sure you were still next to her. 

She breathed a sigh of relief when she felt you beside her but the anxiety built up, the fear of her nightmare becoming a reality made her panic and she started to freak out. She gasped for air, suddenly feeling like there wasn't enough of it. She turned on the lamp and took a look around the room, needing to know that it was just a bad dream.

She didn't mean to wake you up but the light coming from her side of the bed shined into your eyes and you groaned when it woke you up. 

You slowly opened your eyes to see that Leigh-Anne was next to you when her knees pulled up to her chest, looking around the room as though something was gonna pop out at her any second now. 

You put your hand on her arm and she jumped but relaxed when she saw that it was you. 

"I'm sorry y/n, did I wake you?" 

You could tell she felt bad so you shook your head, telling her that you just randomly woke up. 

"Are you okay baby?" She looked at you with her deep brown eyes. She looked tired and scared and you knew that she must've had a nightmare. "Bad dream?" She nodded and you opened your arms, smiling when she curled up against you.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She shook her head and took some deep breaths. "No. I just wanna forget about it." 

You kissed her head and stroked her hair. She sobbed a little and you rubbed her back comfortingly. "Shh, it's okay baby. It was just a bad dream. I'm here with you, I won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise." 

She tried to steady her breathing. She reached for your hands and gripped them tightly in hers, afraid that she might lose you at any second.

There was always something that made her feel better though.

"Can you sing to me y/n?" 

You tensed up a little, not really ever feeling like you had a good voice, but for Leigh-Anne you'd do anything. 

You sang your favorite song softly in her ear, watching as she closed her eyes and her breathing evened out. By the time you finished singing to her, she had fallen asleep. You kissed her head one more time and whispered, "I love you. Sweet dreams baby."