Chapter 3 | John

Something blocked my view. I wasn't focused on anything in particular, but I noted the change, someone was stood in front of me. I could hear them taking, it was defiantly a girl. She looked upset, I couldn't remember what that felt like.

" John, look at me.", the girl stated
I still looked past her, lost in the ambient nothingness.

I saw her kneel before me, she was right in my face, but I couldn't focus on her features, I didn't recognise her.

Her lips began to move again, I tried to listen, " Look, we all do things we regret. But John, not even she is worth this.", the girl said in a soothing manner. She grabbed me by the chin, pointing my face towards her's.

My eyes finally adjusted, the girl in front of me was... Cecile.

"Don't do this to yourself.", she continued, her purple eyes staring deep into mine,"I can't be worrying about you 24/7."

She worried about me? Something about her seemed to genuine and honest, I hadn't seen her like this before. After analysing her face I saw that she was, in fact, concerned. It didn't seem  like Cecile was trying to hide it either. I reminded me... of Sera.

In that moment, everything around me became so real. I could hear her uneasy breath. I felt the warmth of her hand on my knee. I felt everything.