Chapter 4 - The Batcave is Amazing

I started to get more aware of my senses. I could hear low mumbles in the distance; I felt something cold and  metal on my back. I sat up quickly and opened my eyes. I looked around and saw platforms holding a variety of things, one held older models of the Batman suit and the original Robin suit. Everything was built into rocks.

That's when I realized I was in the Batcave.

I looked down and saw I was sitting on a metal table, that was why I could feel metal underneath me. My wrists were wrapped in a gauze bandage. A bowl of water, and a wet rag also sat on the table.

Batman and Robin were talking in a hushed voice by a supercomputer. I was debating whether or not I should interrupt them. Unfortunately, my decision was made rather quickly. As I was getting down from the table, my hand hit the bowl of water. It hit the floor with a clank. Batman and Robin turned towards me.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," I said frantically. I started to pick up the bowl.

"You shouldn't be up, Miss Eva. You have a small concussion," Batman informed.

I gave him a really confused look, "Umm, how did you know my name?"

Robin held up my backpack and phone, "When you passed out we went back to the museum to retrieve your belongings," he explained.

"Miss Isley, are you aware of what all happened today?" Batman asked.

"I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and Poison Ivy showed up," I plastered an innocent smile on my face.

"Why exactly were you there?"

"Oh, I had a project for art class," I explained.

"How'd you get there? The bus would've taken to long to be there once school got out, and it's too far to walk."

"This kid in my class took me. Damian Wayne."

"This Damian kid, are the two of you friends?" Batman asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I mean, why would he just drive someone randomly around?" I didn't like being here anymore, "Look, can I go now?"

"Sure, Robin can take you back. Oh and Miss Eva, I would advise for you to stay at home tomorrow. Having a concussion, even a small one, can be dangerous."

"Yes sir." I hopped in the Batmobile, where Robin was waiting. I had no idea Robin could drive. He looked my age.

The drive home was quiet. Until we got into the city, Robin put a blindfold over my head. He said it was for "protection of the location of the cave", so I didn't question it too much. I told him my address. He parked in an alleyway near the apartment complex. I grabbed my stuff and got out of the car.

I walk through the door expecting my mom to be happy and crazy about today. I was wrong. When I walked through the door, it was eerily quiet.

"Mom?" I shouted.

I walked to the living room, kitchen, and then her bed room. She wasn't in any of those rooms. I walked to my bedroom to put my things down; I felt somewhere grab my wrist, which made them hurt more. I turned around to find my mother looking real angry.

"Where have you been? Three hours after I left you, you finally come home?" she asked, frustrated.

"I'm sorry. I just sorta passed out for a little bit. You know, since you made me hit my head!"

"Okay sure. Don't come out of your room tonight."

"Mom, I gotta shower, I look like a mess." It was true. My hair was messed up, not to mention the blood on my wrists.

"Fine, whatever. Shower, go to your room, and stay in your room," she ordered.

I started the water so it could warm up. I got undressed and unwrapped the bandages around my wrists. There was a lot of dried blood on the bandages and my wrists. I got into the shower and let the hot water absorb me. I wish I could wash away all of today's events like I can sweat and blood. I got out of the shower and walked to my room. It didn't occur to me, until just now, that I hadn't eaten anything since lunch which was at 12:00.

I had a few pots of dirt that I kept in my room. I didn't want to go into the kitchen in case my mom saw, so I just made a small apple tree grow and ate an apple for dinner. I also grew a carrot. Really the only good thing about my powers is that I can make fruits and vegetables grow.

I must've fallen asleep a little later, because I woke up to banging on my door.

"Eva, get up!" my mom yelled, "You're going to miss the bus and I do not want to have to drive you!"

I remembered what Batman had said about taking it easy and not going to school. I didn't want to tell Mom what Batman had said; she would not be happy knowing I was with him and Robin after she left. And she would make go to school anyways. So, I did my morning routine. I didn't shower since I showered the night before. I wrapped my wrists in new bandages and put the the school's uniform jacket on to cover them up better.

When I got to school, people started to stare. Poison Ivy's return was all over the news. And since I was part of her little plan, that meant I was on the news too. As I walked towards Olivia, I heard some of their conversations. . .

"I heard she's working for Poison Ivy."

"Yeah, I bet she was there on purpose."

Little did they know, they were right.

A/N: this is probably my last author's note. So I'm watching the newest Batman movie (Batman: Hush). So there's like one scene that Damian is in. That's all, just one scene. He was on a video call (boy was he still cute). I wish he could've come back as Robin to help out.