Third year - part 0-19

Start from the beginning

——3——

Hadrian was leaving London; due to the recent events, countless magicals were heading to and from the ministry - which was accessed from all around London. Only three days in and he had already had to obviate seven witches and four wizards who had spotted him. It simply wasn't safe; he can hide, invisible, from the Muggles, but the magicals can still see him. He needed to leave.

"Do you remember when we went to Gringotts? They gave us a list of all properties you owned, I still have it. You could choose one, claim it, then live there." They eventually decided upon an apartment in the countryside. This would mean he could no longer keep up his August tradition but he supposed he would've had to stop at some point. He would obviously still be visiting Diagon as Hadrian Evans every now and again, but since the glamour was so different to his natural form it was much itchier than his Harry Potter glamour.

Since the property was from one of the long dead families he had been given the lordship of, there were no longer any house elves or animals or even plants; all the magic had died with its previous owner. Luna helped him restore some magic to the place, redoing the various wards and adding a fidelius charm with Luna as the secret keeper. The ministry couldn't track any magic from the area thanks to the new wards so he was free to practice every spell from every book in the vast library. He would need to return here during the school year as well - he had since exhausted the school library, including the restricted section.

——4——

The summer passed uneventfully; Hadrian learned plenty from his new library and not a peep was heard from the Weasley's, other than Ron poorly describing Egypt. Undoubtedly Hadrian and Hermione would be getting the full story several times over once school began again.

Hadrian Evans bought Harry Potter's school supplies, and the ministry was finally beginning to get a break from all the attention now that most business had been completed. Sirius was still in hiding, rumour among Dumbledore's loyal supporters was that Black actually wanted to kill Hadrian and that he needed protection. Most dismissed it as nonsense, others seemed less certain.

As Hadrian made his way onto platform 9 3/4, he was engulfed in a startlingly strong hug by a certain bushy haired Muggleborn, before quickly being released as she blushed with embarrassment. Ron decided his hair needed messing up and made sure to do a good job of it before leading the group onto the train, chattering about Egypt the whole way.

Since all the other compartments were full, they were forced to sit with an adult. He had short brown hair, and the scars littering his body were faintly hidden by glamour - well, faintly enough for him to see through, but still strongly enough to fool a human at least.

Ron asked who the man was; a Mr R J Lupin if his trunk was anything to go by, and a werewolf if his scent was considered.

'He was a good friend of your father. Their little group was called the Marauders, he did most of the spell work for that map.' Ah yes, the map... the map Hermione still had... the map that by birthright was his... the-

'We get it Hadrian, the map.'

"D'you think he's really asleep?" It sure smelt like it, the sense of calm that only sleep can bring. On an unrelated note, his dorm mates tended to get nightmares whenever he was angry and not actively holding in his aura.

"I need to tell you guys something." Hermione spoke, looking pointedly towards Hadrian. "Last year, Sirius Black escaped Azkaban. I'm almost certain he wants to finish the job he started that night on Halloween, Hadrian, Sirius Black wants to kill you. I think he may try to get into Hogwarts, we need to stay safe and stay indoors."