First year

Summary of previous chapter:
Voldemort kills the Potters, Hadrian is given a creature inheritance of a dementor by Death. He grew up on the streets of London and was raised by Lady Magic herself (also known as Luna Lovegood). He has a dark Phoenix familiar called Hela, and currently is on the train with Ron and Hermione.
————————————
Word count: 10000

It was already dark by the time they arrived at the school; the time Hadrian felt most at peace. (Though what could possibly be so peaceful about sucking the happiness from drunks on the London streets, Magic simply had no idea. Even turned herself into a dementor once and admitted that - though not peace - she did feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction from it)

The carriages began to unload and Hadrian saw a collection of skeletal horses waiting to bring the upper years into the castle. Thestrals, Magic helpfully provided, only seen by those that have witnessed death. A huge, bearded man was calling the "Firs' years!" to him. A half human, his nose told him, and half giant, his eyes replied.

They followed him to a group of boats "No more than five to a boat!" And began the journey across the water. Knowing Hela had gone to investigate the forest, Hadrian enjoyed the scene. Ducking under the bridge, he watched in awe as the castle came into view; an illuminated palace for him to explore. Exiting the boats the group headed up the main staircase to meet a strict looking woman, who smelt suspiciously like a cat, who was waiting at the top.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." She finished with a glare at a white-haired boy who reeked of arrogance. She went on to explain the point system and the house cup, before being interrupted by a boy of both fear and relief as he recaptured his toad. "The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She stalked off.

Arrogance was the first to speak. "It's true then, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." He introduced Ego Boost one and E.B.2, then himself as 'Draco Malfoy' before insulting Ron, and claiming "some Wizarding families are better than others" like that wasn't already obvious. Offering the 'Hand of Friendship' he glared expectantly into Hadrian's soul. Before he could reply, the cat returned to lead them into the Great Hall.

Four tables filled with students, and another with staff, lined the room. Candles floating above their heads, and the ceiling bewitched to look like the sky above. Hermione read about it in Hogwarts: a history. At the centre was a lone stool with an old hat upon it. Magic said his name was Stanley.

The cat introduced professor lies-and-manipulation to them and allowed him to say a few words. He warned them not to enter the forest, and to stay away from the third floor corridor as it is out of bounds to those who do not wish to die a most painful death.

Hadrian couldn't resist imagining himself shouting out in response:

"Is tHat A cHalLeNge pRofEsSor!?"

Grinning he saw a pale haired girl in front of him trying to stifle her laughter, and failing to completely do so. She ignored the variety of looks from her peers in favour of glaring at him. It didn't take much to realise where he recognised her face from.

'Hello Luna.'
'Hello Hadrian.'

The sorting ceremony began. Hermione went to Ravenclaw, Arrogance to Slytherin, toad-keeper to Hufflepuff, and so on. Hadrian felt a glare from someone. Turning to them, both Greasy and Turban-guy overflowed with darkness - it's source upon their left arms - with turban-head also having a greater source from his turbaned head.

Ron was far too shocked when his name was called, 'What, didn't he know he was here to be sorted?' the immortal mentally joked. He stuck with the family tradition of being a Gryffindor. The cat continued down the list.