Hyunjin "Love rose"

Ship HyunjinxReader

Pronouns She/Her ((I'm sorry for this one guys :(

Genre Fluff, a pinch of comedy?

The 23rd of April is known internationally as Book's Day. But it is also Saint George's day! In Catalonia (Spain) there's a tradition to give the special girls and women in your life a red rose, in representation of the legend of Saint George, and to the boys and men: a book. However, your best friend Hyunjin actually prefers the beauty of flowers and you're more of a bookworm. So, each year, you give each other "your" presents, but this time something changed...

Word count 1.6k

You opened the door of class 4 after checking if the teacher had already arrived. To your delight, he wasn't there yet.

Almost all the students were talking about today's special event. That afternoon, instead of following the regular schedule, they would be attending the party held at the playground of the high school. Food stalls, a scenario prepared for theater plays, games and many more all themed about Saint George's legend.

You simply ignored the chatting and went directly to your desk, noticing two red rose's were left on top of it. They were anonymous, but your name was written on it with a cute decorated gift card. Sure, you weren't the most popular neither the prettiest girl but still had your secret crushes, and each year you'd get a pair of flowers at least.

On the other hand, there was Hyunjin, your best friend. He entered the class, causing all the girls to giggle and try, not so successfully, to look away from his handsome features. He was holding quite a few wrapped books close to his chest, which he was given during the break, she assumed.

You put the rose's inside your backpack carefully, knowing they wouldn't be there when the day ended because you weren't planning to keep them. Hyunjin made his way to the chair next to yours and let out a loud thud when he dropped the books on the table. He also sat loudly, as the dramatic ass he is, and sighed.

-How's your day going, flower boy? -you finally said, as he was just asking for it making all that fuss. He ran his hand through his hair before turning his head to you with a pout on those soft and kissable lips of his. You threw that thought away quickly.

-I just left the cafeteria without Seungmin not so long ago and they already gave me this many books... What am I going to do by the end of the day? Carry a hole library? -he pressed two fingers on his temples, faking as if he truly has a real headache.

-Well, I'm sorry ms. Popular, not everyone can get that many gifts and be at least thankful for them. -You answered, rolling your eyes. The teacher had just closed the door before going to her desk. The voices began to get quieter but without completely shutting up.

-Well then mrs. Bookworm, I guess I'll have to share this books with another friend, maybe Minho hyung would like them... -he said, teasing you while looking through the pages of one of them. You turned to face him this time, with another pout and hitting him on the arm. Cute. He thought to himself.

Hyunjin sticked out his tongue before showing a wide smile that made his eyes sparkle with happiness. Then the teacher raised her voice asking for silence and announcing the pages they were going to revise that day. And the class started, laughs fading away...

***

Sounds of cups, forks and knives hitting the canteen tables. Again the chatter of excited teenagers present in the background.