Minho "Thunderstorm" (1/?)

Ship MinhoxReader

Gender not specified

Genre Fluff, with a touch of angst?

Minho moves to the house next to yours in a small neighbourhood and when he's supposed to bring you ricecakes, he doesn't appear... why though? You wonder ;)

Word count +1.2k

***

You woke up to the sound of boxes being piled up somewhere near, maybe in the garden of the door next to yours. When the noise seemed to be over, you waited for the truck to start and go away. Right then, cup of coffee on your hand, you peek through the curtains of the living room curiously. A boy is moving the boxes inside where he would be living from now on, you suppose.

As you can't seem to get a good sight of him, you open the window, pijamas still on, and you lean on the frame while taking a sip from your hot drink. You watch him put the last small boxes in. Judging by his clothes, you guess he's your age, if not only a bit older. He stretches his sore arms and neck and, as if he could sense your stare, he meets with your eyes.

Instead of looking away, he smiles and waves at you. Blushing lightly, you return the smile and wave back like a dummy. When he goes inside, you are left with the feeling you just saw an angel. He had gorgeous, sparkling eyes, a godly smile and a sharp but adorable nose. Not to mention, his brown chocolate light hair which was in better condition that yours and looked so smooth to the touch, you could almost imagine running your fingers through it...

That was the only thought that accompanied you during the whole day.

***

After you came back home from work, you simply untied your shoes and wore your slippers without changing. Why so? Because after not being able to forget the guy from this morning, you remembered the tradition to give rice cakes when you move in somewhere new. This meant your new attractive neighbour will probably knock on your door, and you wouldn't want him to see you with your fluffy cat pijamas, right?

You even had dinner with your everyday clothes just in case, but the noise of knuckles gently hitting the wooden surface never arrived...

This was replaced by the sound of raindrops on your garden.

***

The next morning, after falling asleep with the disappointment present in your chest, you weren't on the best mood. It made you forget almost completely about the boy and, on top of that, you accidentally slept in.

Your mind and body were rushing trying not to make you arrive late, it maintained yourself occupied from any other thought.

***

When you were entering the house, you had that feeling in your gut that you had forgotten something. However you were so exhausted after work and the scare you had this morning you decided to brush it off and have a shower to clear your mind. After this, you put on your beige cat pijama pants and a white sweater (a size bigger than it should have been).

As you head out of the laundry room, you look through the open window and decide to close it as well as the curtains. The sky was all dark and the clouds weren't specially kind. It'd probably rain again. And, in that moment of realization, a certain someone finally knocked. Oh my gosh. You cursed to yourself. You wondered if you had time to change but, as you hear the knocks once again, you decide to open the door anyways.