4) Mission: Catch That Girl: Part 1

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO  A bit more of Mr >.< in this chapter. Decided to split this chapter up so it wasn't so big, sorry. Part 2 will be up in a little bit, almost finished with it :) [Lissa, it goes up to and includes the part you were looking forward to, hope you enjoy it :P]

Kida's POV

Just keep going straight, just keep going straight. Damn, I really wish Izumo and Kotetsu had walked me to the Hokage's building instead of poofing there... then I would have some idea of where I was going. I can still sense my father, Kakashi I believe his name was, behind me. He's catching up, I don't know if I can out run him.

I veered off the main path that I had been following to try and loose him, dodging through the many people that crowded the streets. Their clothes and hair ruffled in the breeze that washed over them as I rushed past them. Zig-zagging through alley ways and side streets, still heading in the same general direction, I came out onto another wide gravel road that was bustling with even more civilians than the last one.

I raised by hood over my head and tried to blend in with the crowd. I easily swerved around the people coming from the other direction until I found a group of kids about my age heading in the same direction that I wanted to go. I walked next to a brunette boy with his hair in a spikey pony tail. I matched my pace to theirs and stared straight ahead of me, trying not to look suspicious... ultimate fail.

Spikey ponytail boy, the blonde girl, a short boy munching on a bag of potato chips, a boy with what appeared to be a dog resting on his head, a boy whose shirt collar covered the bottom half of his face and a dark haired girl with pale eyes all kept glancing at me in confusion... come on guy's... can't you just go with it...

I could feel eyes on me, I looked up to where I sensed another presence, but I only saw empty air above me.

3rd Person POV

The Hokage sat at his desk looking into his glass orb. Iruka, Izumo and Kotetsu all gazed into the orb looking at the hooded figure walking amongst a group of genin. Izumo and Kotetsu's faces were still slightly flushed from their previous laughter. "Shouldn't we help Kakashi catch her?" Iruka asked hesitantly, the Hokage replied seriously "No, Kakashi is a capable jonin." before smiling slightly and continuing with a slightly more amused tone "Also, this could be considered a bonding experience, and is very interesting to watch" The other 3 sweat dropped before continuing to gaze into the orb. They all gasped as the girl looked up to the spot where they were watching her from. The visible part of her face changed from a serious expression to a confused frown at not seeing anyone there watching her. She's an interesting one, the Hokage thought to himself, still observing her through the orb.

Kida's POV

I looked ahead of me again, confused, and that's when I felt His presence. Glancing up from under my hood, I saw the familiar silver tower of hair in the crowd ahead of me. He was looking around wildly before jumping up onto another roof and running in the same direction that he's been chasing me.

I smiled lightly under my mask, the group I'm walking with seem to have noticed Kakashi looking for someone and now looked even more confused. That's when I noticed that His presence wasn't getting further away, I could see Him jumping on the roofs further ahead... but he was still here...

A pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist. I could tell it was Him, I didn't understand how he did it, but somehow he was behind me and jumping over the roofs in the distance. I immediately kicked off the ground as I was being pulled backwards causing my still hooded head to make contact with Kakashi's chin. I heard an 'oof' from behind me as the arms that circled my waist loosened slightly. Taking this opportunity, I slid down through His still circled arms and, crouching, I weaved myself between his legs, standing up behind him. I rammed the heel of my shoe into the back of his right knee joint forcing him to kneel on the ground. He spun around quickly, and went to reach out for me, but I was already running again.

The group that I had tried to blend in with had all stopped and watched the altercation. They didn't seem sure of what to think of the situation, and I wasn't planning on explaining it to them.

I ran down a side alley off the street. Half way down the alley a figure appeared at the other end, it was the black haired, blue shirted boy from earlier on. He took a fighting stance as I kept running towards him. I don't know what this kids problem is, but when I get down there I'm gonna beat the s>.<t out of him. As I got closer, the boy made quick movements with his hands before yelling "Fire style: Fire Ball Jutsu" and a huge mass of orange flames burst from his mouth and down the alley way towards me.

At an unseeable speed, I jumped from the left alley wall to the other until I was at the top. Just as I reached it, the flames washed below me like a wave and crashed over where I had been standing. Anger filled me. That little bastard tried to kill me!

The boy was looking down the length of the alley way where his fire was now diminished, he hadn't seen me jump out of the way, and he definitely didn't see me as I as I vaulted myself from the roof towards him, forming a fist with my right hand as I fell I fell and connecting it directly with his face. A satisfying 'crack' brought a smirk to my masked face as I landed evenly on my 2 feet skidding slightly on the gravel. The boy had been propelled back by my punch and was holding his nose as blood began to pour from it furiously.

His black eyes glared at me with a mix of pain and absolute rage. While he was still clutching his nose, I leapt at him again and sent a flying kick into his stomach which knocked him back into a brick wall at the other side of the street. The wall trembled on impact and the boy slid down against it, one hand clutching his nose and the other arm wrapped around his stomach.

I continued running down the street, back in the direction I had originally been going, I only turned around again when I heard a high pitched scream followed by the same voice squealing what might have been "Sasuke" but it was too high pitched and annoying to be able to decipher with certainty. As I looked over my shoulder I saw the red dressed pinkette kneeling over 'Sasuke?', this made me smirk more as I turned away again and ran even faster down the gravel road, leaving a dust trail and many shocked and confused civilians.