18) No Naruto! I Don't Want Ya Noodles!

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO Sorry this took so long, things kept coming up and I didn't really feel like writing. Sorry if it's a bit rushed, but had to be done. Also, short... I have the next bit but I'm not happy with it yet so maybe tomorrow... but right now I'm tired... Will update more often :)

Kida's POV

In my twelve years of life, I haven't thought too much about homicide. Physically committing homicide, I mean. I've been in some situations where killing would be an acceptable action, but, I don't know... Taking someone's life always seemed more trouble than it was worth. In many cases, it would take less time to simply knock someone out or make a run for it then to actually end them. And usually, it wasn't worth my time to kill when there was always a less troublesome option...

Sure, there is also the ethical aspect that comes up when contemplating homicide, a certain moral sense that tells you that it is the wrong thing to do unless in dire circumstances.

And believe me when I say, these are dire circumstances...

"Sluuurrrppp"

"..." My still bandaged hand clenched tightly into the pale blue sheet that was pooled around my waist as I sat up in the hospital bed. My other hand shaking slightly as I tried to continue delicately holding the green covered book between my fingers.

"Sluuuurrrrpppp"

"..." A shiver went through me and the irk mark on my forehead grew even bigger as I tried to ignore the infuriatingly persistent sound that echoed through the hospital room.

"SLUUUUURRRRRPPPPP"

"Oh My God! Could You Not!?" I yelled as I slapped my book down against the firm mattress beneath me, turning to look at my torturer. He had his bare feet propped up on the edge of the hospital bed as he leaned back in the wooden visitors chair and guzzled mercilessly on the chicken ramen.

"Haha, sorry Kida! It's just really good! Do you want some?" Naruto spoke enthusiastically as he held the half consumed instant ramen cup out to me.

"No Naruto! I don't want ya noodles!" I had finally snapped. Doesn't happen often, but after a whole week of being confined to this soul sucking room in this God forsaken building in this happy-go-lucky village where I was 'encouraged' to reside, I have finally snapped.

I haven't trained all week because it's taking so damn long to fully recover, I've got random people coming in to see me every day, although sometimes I enjoy the company of these new people... but that's beside the point.

"...well alright, if you're sure!" He exclaimed, completely oblivious to my foul mood, as he downed the last of his ramen cup and throwing it and the flimsy wooden chopsticks in the bin in the corner. The bin that was now nearly overflowing with other disembowelled carcasses of the blonde boys choice of sustenance... Yeah, he's been in here a while...

I pinched the bridged of my nose, above the new mask that Kakashi had brought in for me, and shook my head slightly as I calmed my breathing again.

Does Kakashi think I'm an idiot!? Whenever he's not here, he leaves someone behind to 'keep me company' or someone just randomly drops in after he leaves. What? Does he think I'm going somewhere? How far does he think I'll get!? They have me wrapped up like a fricken mummy, and there's so much painkillers [and only God and the medical staff know what else] flooding my system I could open my own pharmaceutical business, and use myself as an endless supply of the products. And I'm not really much of a host when it comes to the visitors I've been getting, if I'm gonna be stuck here I'd so much rather read my book, but it's simply impossible with so many distractions...

"Uh... Kida?" Naruto spoke hesitantly, breaking me from my thoughts as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

I sighed, crossing my bandaged arms and leaning further into the plush white pillows that were piled up behind me. "...Yes Naruto?" I say completely calm now, I'm sure he doesn't mean to be so annoying...

"I hate to say this but..." He continued shuffling spastically in his seat. I looked at him confusedly as he struggled.

'What the hell is wrong with him? ...I hope he doesn't have fleas...' I thought absently before jumping slightly due to Naruto's next outburst.

"BUT I REALLY HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM! ARE YOU GONNA BE OK HERE BY YOURSELF!?" he finished, breathing a heavy sigh as he leaned forward in his seat.

I stared at him, wide eyed for a moment before sighing again... been sighing a lot lately...

"You don't need my permission to go to the bathroom Naruto, just go. I don't need to be supervised." I stated emotionlessly as I focused my now bored gaze out the window.

"But Kakashi Sensei said something about you always needing someone with you. I thought maybe you were scared to be alone or something..." He trailed off as I sighed again, sparing his a bored glance before refocusing my gaze out the window again.

...idiot...

"I'll be fine, just go to the bathroom Naruto before... something unfortunate happens..." I spoke still keeping my face turned towards the window so he wouldn't see the humour that I'm sure was evident in my eyes as I waited for the proverbial pin to drop.

He's making sure I'll be ok if he leaves, but I don't think he's considered the probable outcome if I had said no.

"...Something unfortunate? What do ya mean Ki..." His voice trailed off before I heard the hyperactive blonde boy lurch out of his seat and hurriedly scramble out the door, slamming it shut behind him with a final "I'll just be a minute Kida!" before his footsteps disappeared down the corridor.

I sighed again, but was still unable to keep the smile from my face. He's a funny one... seems more trouble than he's worth, but I can tell he means well.

The silence of the room became eerie, so I focused my gaze to the calming forest scenery outside the window again. The green leaves rustled softly in the light breeze that blew through them, causing some of the weaker leaves to dance gracefully through the air before falling to rest on the long green blades of grass that covered the ground beneath.

Yeah... calming...

A sudden movement in the corner of my vision through the window caught my attention.