Epilouge |

*3 years later*

Bonnie POV

In that dream

You planted kisses on my collarbones

And trailed your fingers down my spine

And people still ask me

Why I love to sleep.

I dreamed about him today. The boy with the hazel eyes and the jittery fingers. The boy which I have many photos of but no remembrance of who he is. I closed my journal in which I wrote my poem of the same boy I dream of almost every night and placed it under my mattress.

Today is my second day as an intern as a photographer. It wasn't easy, considering after the accident I lost most of my past memories. I didn't even recognize my parents nor remember how to walk. But soon after a year I learned to read and write and walk as if a normal person. I don't remember any past memories with people nor places I've been. I know my parents are my parents. But I don't remember spending Christmas with them when I was twelve or camping in the woods during the summer. Just photos.

I'm still living with my parents at twenty, and I have no shame. The company I'm working for is doing fairly well. We have lots of celebrities come in and out, and I'm grateful to be working there. Today we're shooting a band named 5 Seconds of Summer. I've never met the band or heard of them, they're fairly new to the music industry so I'm not worried.

I got out of bed, and changed into a decent wardrobe. I normally wear jeans and t-shirts but since business is business, I have to dress fashionably acquire. I decided to go with a navy blue skirt and button up black blouse. My parents are usually never home, and my sisters at dance, so I had no one to say goodbye too.

I grabbed my keys to my old 1954 Buick. There's one thing I didn't forget and that was the love of old fashioned cars. I hopped in the vehicle and headed off to work.

Ashton POV

"Shut up, Ashton!" Michael warned, sitting in front of the mirror, admiring his now red hair as the makeup artist styled it. "You babble a lot, man. You were so quiet, what happen?!"

I giggled at his remark. Now I don't think anyone remembers me ever being quiet. I guess after Bonnie died, I sort of left everything go completely. I was full of rage and anger and felt unheard. I was tired of being quiet. I was tired of swallowing everything I felt.

After that day at the hospital, I felt dead. I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't talk. I was mute for an entire year until we started making YouTube videos and was force to speak into the camera by the lads. I later found out by Bonnie's brother that she had never woken up and they pulled the plug on her after a year of waiting. I knew she was gone, but I felt that maybe she would have come back. I still dream about her sometimes.

We later got signed by this really cool management, and were the opening act of All Time Low. Funny how things work sometimes, seeing your idols from afar and next thing you know they're like family. I felt like they got me out of my shell again. The way Bonnie did years ago, instead they were never as gentle. On the tour bus we'd pull pranks on each other and swear a lot. It's becoming a bad habit of mine actually.

Now I can't seem to shut up. I guess all those years of bottling my feelings really took a hold of me. Now that I get to do what I love as a living, I feel like no one can stop me from being myself, and I'm extremely grateful for that.

"Yo! Ashbutt," Calum snapped his fingers across my face, breaking my train of thought.

I looked up at him from the dressing room sofa, "Huh?"

He smiled, "We're on, man. We got to do the shoot."

I stood up from the couch and smoothed my denim vest, "Yeah... Okay." I said and walked by him.

He stopped me and placed his hand on my shoulder, "Are you okay?"

I wasn't. I miss Bonnie, and even though it's been three years, it still feels like three hours ago. I nodded, "Yeah, I'm good." I lied. "Just nervous, ya know?" I chuckled.

He sighed, "Yeah I feel you." He smiled, "Our first photo shoot, I don't even know how to pose." He joked.

We laughed together as we walked out the dressing room and into the hall to catch up with Luke and Michael on the other end where the photography studio was.

We walked passed an office and I couldn't help but glance inside. There was two women inside. One, fairly older and the other around my age- I couldn't see her face well but she was wearing a sleeveless button up shirt. She had big hips and long brown hair. She bundled up her hair and placed it on the ride side of her shoulder, revealing a rose tattoo which  I once adored on Bonnie.

We met up with Michael and Luke and the photographer had us stand in front of a giant white screen. He continuously reminded us to act natural. But how can one act natural when there is a giant camera in your face?

After a few shots he had instructed us to take photos with our most 'punk rock' look. To be tough, and rebellion, but in reality we were just four Aussies with bad haircuts. Once that attempt failed(an hour and half later) he practically gave up on us and offer to finish the shoot another day. He had us wait a few minutes as he went to get his apprentice to jot our next photo shoot down.

"Man, who knew taking photos can be so draining." Luke smiled, biting his bottom lip. "I mean, this is fun, but wow." He continued.

Calum rubbed his cheeks and stretched his mouth, "I feel you." He said in between funny faces, "My face hurts from smiling to much."

"Yeah," Michael interrupted, "Well my face hurts just looking at you." He jokes.

"Oh yeah!" Calum defended, "My face hurts cause it can't fathom your face!"

"That doesn't make any sense!" Michael yelled

Calum rolled his eyes, "Well your face doesn't make any sense!"

"Oh you son of a-"

"Am I interrupting something?" I soft voice broke the arguing.

We turned around to face the sweet voice and before I knew it the whole world went silent...