Ten : Butterfly

The chance of me being able to pay attention in class is exactly zero. Instead I have to fight the urge from having my constant memories of mom, It always gets bad this time of year. I don't want to care, but my fingers tap a rhythm on my leg as I stare at the clock. Just a few more seconds. I'm already halfway out my seat when the bell rings and everyone pushes to leave.

Outside the entrance door the boys are waiting for me as always. How do they get here so quickly?

"Hey Ash, ready?" Luke smiles.

I nodd and Calum puts his arm around my shoulder. The smell of his colougn is comforting, like yesterday on the roof.

As we cross the school yard, I hear a clomping sound, kind of like a two-legged horse galloping. I recognize that sound anywhere! I glance over my shoulder and Bonnie's walking towards us, towards me. She has a large camera draped around her neck, She's holding a skateboard and wearing her Doc Martens, which explains the sound.

"Hey!" She goes and runs over to me. She reaches out her arms but hesitates and puts them down. I really wish she'd wrap her arms around me. "I just..." She looks over at the boys embarrassed, as if afraid to say what she wants in front of them.

Calum takes his arm off my shoulder, "We'll be over there." He points to the sidewalk a few feet away.

I nod in agreement.

"Ashton..." She lets out a deep breath, reaches out a hand, and then takes it back. For the love of god, touch me, please! "Are you mad at me?"

Mad at her? Why would I be mad at her? My thumb twitches a million times. I slip my hand in my pocket in hopes that she won't notice. "I'm not mad at you.." I manage to say. "I just.. you know, haven't seen you in a while." I let out a deep breath, "I thought you were mad at me." I chuckled.

"ImsosorryIdidn'tmeantomakeyoufeelbad," she blurts out in one word.

"What?"

She takes a deep breath, "Look, I'm sorry...about everything." She gripped her skateboard tighter, "About Jack, and about distancing myself from you, you don't deserve it." She shook her head, "I'm such a shitty friend."

My stomach rolls over. Im not sure how she can do this to me. Make me feel like I'm the only one here.She can ignore me for all eternity, and I'd still miss her. "It's okay, really." I say pulling the elastic band on my wrist a few times

"Let me make it up to you!" She smiles, "I mean, You did help me with my book reports and you showed me how much of an asshole Jack is... I owe you."

"You don't have too.." I say in a crack voice and bowed my head. I'm just happy we're talking again.

She tilt her head under my face so that we were inches apart, She smelled like lilacs. "Please.." She said softly.

I couldn't resist the shiver going up my body, I've never had a girl this close to my face before. I nodded down at her.

She then pulled away and took out a pen from her black jacket, "Here's my cellphone number." She smiled and reached for my hand. She's touching me. Her fingers were soft as she held my forearm with one hand and glide the pen across my skin with the other.

I winced in pain, as her pen hit the the bruise on my wrist. I looked down at my arm, admiring the the blue ink numbers. Then I trailed up to my wrist and noticed she had drew a butterfly over my bruise. I looked up at her with fear in my eyes. Now she must really think im a freak.

But to my surprise she didn't say anything, she just smiled. "Call me, okay?" She says, and then does the worse thing of all- turns away and leaves.