"You have nothing to worry about, beautiful."

Chest heaved and Lisa approached the shorter girl. Her fingers gently playing with the laced sleeve. "Really?"

"Unless you count causing multiple heart complications on the guests because of how you fucking look right now."

"I don't think so, Lisa."

"Hey it's true! Have some confidence!" She nudged her and gave a smug look. "I bet even Jennie unnie will get a cardiac arrest because of you."

The laughter wasn't returned and Lisa could tell that whatever's been bothering the older girl, it involves Jennie. It was upsetting her too how they all seem to be good friends days ago and now they were like in a cold war. She was sure the two weren't a couple though she was assuming they very much would be in the future. But now... it seemed like another delay happened and she wasn't sure how to help.

"You'd be by her side the whole time tonight, right?"

Jisoo sighed a bit. "Supposedly yeah. Mrs. Kim told me to insert some time in between the event for Jennie to affiliate herself with particular people."

"Yikes. Stepping on Jennie unnie's gown would be the least of your worries then."

"I'm pretty sure it's a ball gown and not that wedding dress which has a long tail." She laughed lightly as the latter try to joke around. "Thank you, Lisa, for everything."

"I only did your make up, you know. The one you should be thanking is the person who bought you all of this." She gestured at the complete set which Jisoo said had been given to her. "They do have an eye for perfection... or for you."

"I haven't thanked Jinwoo oppa. Later for sure. I'll show him how grateful I am."

"Don't give him a kiss though."

"I'm not gonna do that."

"You paused in your sentence."

"Because I debated on why you even thought of it." She rolled her eyes as Lisa poked her side. "Stop it. I don't kiss people because I'm thankful."

"No one would mind if you do. European people do it that way."

"I'm not them."

"But you've obviously done a French kiss--"

"Do you want to die?" Jisoo glared at the younger girl who was teasing her and, at the same time, entertaining her with such conversation. She turned the latter's body to the door and gestured it. "Go and get ready! Geez!"

Lisa winked at her, causing that bubble of laughter to escape through her mouth. She could remember the last time she actually laughed and somehow... she wished it was a lot easier to do so. But it was strained and the blonde girl didn't ask why. Maybe she knew after all without knowing everything, without asking for the full story.

Or maybe it was just that obvious how much heartbroken Jisoo is despite being heartbreakingly beautiful on the outside.

~***~

Jisoo wished her heart didn't beat too hard as she came upon the sight of Jennie in her midnight black ball gown. The off shoulder  was putting too much emphasis on those collarbones and the corset just let people see how thin her waist looked as the gown dragged on. Feather like material all throughout the bottom of the gown was making it seem as if Jennie would be burden by its weight. But the younger girl could carry it so well as she stands tall in front her own mirror.