Chapter Thirty Three Part 2: Miserably In Love.

Start from the beginning

"No one changes that quickly Wayland, you know that" I growled softly at the bearded elf. He and Isaac have both tired to convince me to attend the royal engagement celebration, but I put my foot down, denying each time. "Besides Wayland, you could always met new people. Maybe even met a elf you may fancy?"

Wayland's eyes instantly darkened. Anger, sadness and hurt shone through them as he mumbled "There is only one true lassie I'll ever love, only her."  Guilt hit me deep in the stomach, instantly knowing I hit an scar that never fades.

"I am truly sorr-" He raised his hand, cutting me off as he said, "Save it lass, I know ya mean well." Taking a deep breath, he continued, "I'll allow  you stay home, if you wish it. Only on the conditions that you get the children to bed on time, and get some actual proper sleep yourself." He says, patting my cheek gently before turning around and grabbed a half asleep Isaac, dressed in a slightly worn dress robe. With a quick grunt from Isaac, they were gone.

..............................................................................................

Queen's P.O.V

My feet quickly scattered across the floor, hearing the guests arrive. I needed to be sure, to be 100% sure that my son, is actually my son.

.....Few hours earlier......

"My Queen, how are you holding up?" Dawn mumbles with a few pins in her mouth, pinning my dress to my size. "If I may be so bold. With all the commotion that has happen lately, what is troubling you your Majesty? I saw your face when you were coming through the shop and I know something is wrong." Dawn's soft brown eyes looking up at me in sympathy.

I sighed, staring in the mirror at the snowy white haired elf, with sad pale green eyes. "I don't know what is happening Dawn," I say to her, "Ever since my husband's passing, I have been having second thoughts about the engagement. I mean, what if he doesn't want to get married huh?! He could explore middle earth, maybe  find true love, friendship, happiness. Things I would've dreamt of doing."

I close my eyes, taking a deep breath as I ran my fingers through my hair. I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder, which seemed to sooth the beating heart, which was pounding in my chest with panic.

"Your Highness, from what I know, your son had a friend..." Dawn's voice faded as she saw my eyes widen in shock. "What do you mean, 'had' a friend? What happened?" I say confused. Thranduil has never had an actually friend before, he was always too distant, too cold.

Dawn sighed, placing her jar of pins onto the table and said, "Your Majesty, I'd advise you to please take a seat, what I am about to tell you may shock you" Her hands indicating to the seat opposite hers. Once I was seated, Dawn stared at me nervously, fidgeting with her hands.

"From what I have heard and seen, I have reason to believe that Thranduil isn't actually Thranduil. I believe that someone has gotten control over his mind and body. I have been observing your son and his friend for some time now.

My great grandmother told my this story once.  A story about this man who was under a spell which would let the castor have complete control over his mind and body. A spell is tricky and terribly risky, the castor must turn himself or herself into a monster for it to work. They say that the spell or curse is one of the hardest to cure. That it is completely impossible.

Anyway, the man died a few months later, slowly and painfully. Great Gran described it as 'his soul being sucked from his eyes'

What that I am trying to say is that if Thranduil has been enchanted with this spell. It'll only be a short time before he loses his life."