Chapter Six: The Prince.

He was the Elf. The one in my dreams! She gasped, her eyes widened in fear as he took a step closer, she moved back. But there was no branch left....

Belle screamed, now falling through the air, 100 feet below her was forest floor. This is how I am going to die. A tear escaped her eye as she thought of joining her mother soon.

Closing her eyes shut, Belle waited to be smacked against the ground.

But it never came.

Opening her eyes, Belle saw the elf holding the branch in one hand and the other wrapped around her, pushing up against his chest.

A worried expression appeared on his face. Why did he save me? Why didn't he just let me fall? She then realised that his lips were moving.

"Put your arms around my neck!" he instructed sternly. Belle did what she was told and placed her arms around his neck. Belle's face was tucked into his shoulder. The cool air cooled her burning cheeks at the close proximity between her and the elf. He smelt of pine and dirt. It soothed her, but that all came to a halt.

CRACK!

The branch that held both of their weight was not going to hold much longer. Belle screamed in terror as she clung onto the elf for dear life. She felt her stomach drop as he let go, jumping onto a branch 5 feet below. He then carried her all the way down the oat tree.

Once they hit solid ground, Belle still clung to him not daring to let go. The elf whispered softly in her ear, telling her that's she safe.

Belle looked up to her savior's face. His pale skin brushed gently against the evening sun, his sharp jaw and those cheekbones. He coughed, getting her attention. He saved her! Another tear escaped. Damn you tear!

His concerned face stared into hers, using his thumb to wipe away the tear. A strand of his light blonde hair came loose from its braid; it took all her strength not to fix it.

"No need to cry my dear, you are safe now," he said in a caring voice, and embraced her once. Belle mumbled a thank you against his chest, then stepped away from him and walked away- well more limped than walked.

She was about 30 feet away from where he stood before collapsing in pure agony. The elf rushed over to where Belle lay, cursing in elfish as he looked to her wound. Using his strength to remove the trap, Belle hissed as a spike caught onto unharmed flesh. The wound was deep yet not fatal. Her blood was gushing out of her leg and staining her dress. Belle began to feel dizzy and knew she needed to dress the wound soon or she would risk fainting or worse dying from infection or blood loss.

Belle fingered the hem of her dress with hesitation. She did not want to tear it yet. It would be the only pair of clothes she would have for a while.

The sudden sound of fabric being torn made her snap her head towards the elf beside her. He had started to tear the hem of his shirt, fabric of silk which must of cost a fortune. However, he did not seemed to be affected by it. Soon, he had two different sized pieces of fabric. Taking the longer piece, he gently grabbed Belle's wounded leg and placed across his lap. Tenderly, he began to bandage the wound, pausing at every noise of pain that left her lips. He then grabbed the other torn piece of his shirt, after having tightly bound her leg and pulled back down the dress over her leg.

He then grabbed her arm gently and began to bound her wrist which still bore the nail marks from the orc.

Once he finished dressing her wound, he looked at her with an emotionless look on his face. "Why have you crossed my lands?" he asked, glaring at her.

His lands!?

"What are you doing trespassing on my land?!" he asked again.

Belle said nothing.