Chapter Eight: The Arrow Of Hunger.

Belle soared against the morning rise, her wings brushed against the wind. Looking for a branch to perch on. Suddenly her stomach growled loudly, startling her. That's when her head came in contact with a big vertical, strong and rough branch. It knocked the wind out of her. Belle fell subconsciously until a lower branch caught her in the stomach, making her gag in pain.

............................................................................................................................

Her vision was a blurred as she opened her eyes. With her head spinning, Belle looked at her surroundings. The trees were upside down and the sky was the forest floor.
What happened? I must have hit my head hard.

A stinging pain crossed her mind. Gazing upwards, Belle noticed she hanging upside down, her foot caught in between to small branches. Oh great!  Flapping her wings, Belle tried to get her foot free.

Crack!

Belle froze as she continued to hear twigs snap in the distance.

"Oi Bert! 're lost again, ya idiot! We should 'ave followed that path! I'm starving!" 

A male whined as two dirty looking men came into view. The shorter one had black scruffy hair and yellow stained teeth. The other, tall, lean  and had a long knotted beard, which had bits of old food stuck in places. The foul smells coming from them made Belle's stomach turn.

Belle was losing feeling in her left foot and her head was spinning. She needed to go. A rumble of hunger came from her empty stomach. Really? Damn you stomach! The men turned their heads in her direction. She saw hunger in their eyes. Belle gulped as she saw the smaller one lick his lips, practically drooling. The taller one, Bert loudly whispered to the small guy to get his bow. This made Belle move frantically, trying to escape.

She heard a slight crack come from the branch that supported her bird form. She looked back to the men, meeting eyes of the tall one as he loaded his bow. His disgusting yellowish/brown eyes concentrating on her to kill.

Belle made a last attempt to free herself from the branch. When she moved again, the branch nicked the orc trap wound making Belle screech out in agony.  Feeling blood slide down her side, soaking into her white feathers told her that she had reopened the wound.

An arrow flew past, nearly nicking her right wing. Her eyes widen in fear as she looked at the man. He cursed loudly and reloaded his old bow.

"Harry look, ya missed! Give me it!" the little one, Bert squealed. Snatching the bow from Harry, he aimed at me, his mouth a little open as he concentrated hard. He was about to fire, but fate was on Belle's side. The branch gave way, letting her foot free. Belle glide down until she flapped her snowy white wings, lifting her in the midday sun.

"It's getting away! 'ire!" Harry shouted. Belle heard the sound of arrows rush past her. Belle was terrified, she dived down into the tree tops for cover. The tips of the branches brushed against her, tickling he belly.

Belle heard the sound of footsteps running in her direction. Uh! When will they give up? They must be really desperate. All of a sudden, she grew tired, looking down she saw that she was using the wind to help her fly. It had drained her.

Blinking furiously as she was trying to stay awake, her leg wound wasn't much help either. Hurry up sun! Sleep already! Belle thought impatiently, when human she would be able to rebind her wound.

All of a sudden a sharp pain pierced her side, glancing down to see an arrow lodge in her side. Belle let out a painful cry, as she tumbled to the left. She was growing weaker by the second, any moment from now she could drop down dead and be feed to those thugs.

Looking back at her hunter, she saw him smirk, eyes filled with victory. Grabbing another arrow to fire, Belle pushed herself further, she didn't want another arrow pierce into her body.

She looked forward only to be face smacked into a bedroom mirror. Looking at her refection, to her bird form, smothered with crimson blood, as she slid down before hitting the wooden floor in defeat.

Belle heard a loud bang followed by an elf only wrapped in a towel, she could see his rippled muscular chest. The elf turned his head in her direction, only to be met with familiar blue eyes staring into hers.

What my luck, Princey was here to my rescue. She thought before darkness took her.

.......................................................................................................................

What do you think?

Any suggestion?

Thank you guys for those sweet comments!

You guys are the bomb!

Byeya!

I'll update ASAP

Spypuppy out! :)