Chapter Eleven: The Queen.

Belle's P.O.V

Raina gripped my wrist, helping me to my feet. My knees felt as if the will collapse but I managed to stay up. I found Raina staring  at me her kind green eyes. "I knew you were too beautiful to be a bird," she said with a smile. My lips went into a tiny grin, which made Raina's smile raise from ear to ear.

The next thing she said shocked me. "Come along. You're staying with me," she said with full confidence, grabbing her dark blue cloak frim the rack.

I started to protest waving my hands and  saying, "No, you're being too kind, I'll ma-" I was cut off by her finger on my lip.

She then lifted my chin up, so that I was staring full on her. "You are staying with me and that's final, you are wounded and it looks like you haven't had a proper meal in a while," She said with a small smirk, knowing that I was convinced. She looked at my dress, noticing some holes and rips from the other night. "I'll also fix that amazing dress of yours," She said grapping the fine fabric between her fingers.

"Who made it?" Raina questioned. A tear fell as I rethinked back to the memory. "When I became cursed..." I mumbled, looking at my dirty bare feet. She just nodded and didn't push it, which was good considering I probably would be bursting out in tears.

As she was about to open the doors, I realised something and grabbed her arm gently, tugging her back. "What about the guards?" I whispered, gesturing to me, that could not be seen by guards without suspicion.

Her mouth formed into an "o" as she thought plan to smuggle me past the guards without being seen. Suddenly, she draped her cloak of my shoulders and putting the hood over my head. She then opened the door and started lead the way with me limping behind, winching every time I put weight on my bad side. Raina seemed to notice this and putt my arm around her shoulder, carrying some of the load.

The corridor was poorly lit. You could hardly see a thing, which made it perfect of us. As we rounded a corner however, we came across huge oak doors with 2 guards on each end. This must be the throne room I thought to myself. Raina exchanged nods from the guards and started walking down a winding bridge sort of thing, when a, "Halt!" came from one the guards.

We stopped, me shaking as we heard the guard's footsteps coming closer, Raina must have noticed this because she grabbed my hand. I gulped when the guard stood in front of me, examining closely.

"Take off the hood, sir," he ordered. I just stood there, not moving a muscle. "TAKE OF YOUR HOOD!" he commanded, making my shudder in horror. I heard him mumble a "fine" before reaching for my hood.

"Erm hm." Someone cleared its throat from behind me and the mean guard. We all turn around to see a beautiful elf with gorgeous green leave eyes and snowy white hair. She was stunning. That's when I noticed the crown on her head. She's the Queen! I gulped, lowering my head in respect.

After what seemed like forever the queen broke the silence by saying "Now, what's going in here?" she said sternly, looking at all of us. I started shake crazily again scared at what my happen, which the queen noticed and asked, "Are you okay?" Her voice and expression filled with worry

I nodded violently to assure her, but she didn't believe me. Gently, she pulled my hood back, revelling my face to everyone.

With stained tears on my face from earlier, and the scared and fear shown on my face, the queen looked mortified. Quickly, she pulled me into a hug. I stood their siff and akwardly, shocked at her sudden actions. As a kid  I thought all queens were stern and powerful. Not sympathetic and sweet.

The quuen pulled back a little, with a hand on my check she gently rubbed the newly formed tears away.

I was about to say thank you but no words came out. The queen gave me a confused look, but Raina spoke up saving me from embarrassment.