Chapter 12: Cedere

Chapter 12: Cedere

"Wait! What just happened?!" France looked at Italy and Canada in confusion.

"I realized something important... that our enemies..." Italy looked over as the next memory started.

"Damnit!" Feliciano cursed as his phone hit voicemail again. "Fucking Matthew, pick up your goddamned phone!" He angrily stuffed his phone in his pocket. "Technology hates me." He sighed.

"Now..." He looked at the midnight blue Ferrari before him. "How do I work a normal car again?" He pulled out the key fob and randomly hit a couple buttons, setting off the alarm before it finally unlocked. "Oh, yeah..." He climbed in and jammed the key in the ignition and turned it, causing the engine to roar to life. He smirked. "Oh, this'll be interesting. I think I remember how to navigate traffic... Mostly."

"M-MOSTLY?!" Japan cried out in horror. "Onegai... iie..." He shuddered in fear, remembering the car ride the two of them had gone on. And that was while Italy's driving skills were used regularly!

"Don't worry! I didn't hit anyone~" Italy reassured the group. "Unless you count that bank robber."

"THAT STILL COUNTS!" France cried out, horrified.

Feliciano hit the gas, nearly reversing into a tree, before he stopped, switched gears, and sped off. The nations sweatdropped, wondering if he would really only hit one person.

"Well... in my defense, I hadn't driven for nearly five thousand years, unless you count a Roamer... but that's more of an off-terrain vehicle." Italy shrugged.

"Did you get pulled over?" America wondered idly.

"Nope~ I managed to lose the cops." Italy grinned.

America just sighed. "I'll find the record and wipe it."

"Oh, you don't need to do that~ I used a fake license plate~"

The scene abruptly changed to show Matthew standing on the roof of a tall building in New York City at night. He was watching the screen on the device Feli had given to him, seemingly unaware of his surroundings.

The radar showed several pings, but one in particular was incredibly close. The nations stiffened, worried about their little Canadian.

"As far as I know, I'm fine." Canada reassured the group.

"Doesn't keep us from worrying, mon cher." France shook his head.

Before anyone knew what was going on, a hand reached out from the shadows behind Matthew and covered his mouth. His eyes widened in horror as he was pulled back into the more secluded area of the roof.

"Mattie..." America was just barely keeping himself from panicking.

Matthew, however, wasn't going down without a fight. He whipped his head back, colliding with the person's nose with a satisfying crunch, before stomping the heel of his boot down on their foot. He then jammed his elbow into their gut, causing them to release their hold with a cry of pain.

Matthew immediately whirled around to face his attacker, who held up their hands in surrender.

"Damnit Matthew! It's me!" Light illuminated Feliciano's face, one hand held to stem the bleeding of his broken nose while the other was wrapped around his midsection. He carefully kept weight off his left foot, where the other had mercilessly broken several toes.

"Dude, what the hell?!" America glared at Italy, who looked away, a light pink dusting his cheeks.

"The hell Italy?!" Matthew growled. "I thought you were one of those—"