Chapter 9: Alba

Chapter 9: Alba

The next day saw the nations in high spirits, joking and laughing about, still riding off the high from the previous night's memory. They had a hearty breakfast before settling down to talk amongst themselves. America and Canada were chatting about the latest videogames released in their homes while France and Russia, surprisingly enough, were comparing recipes from home. China was in the middle of a fierce debate about something with Germany, Prussia was goofing around with Spain, Japan and England were comparing tea, and Italy and Romano were sitting back with a cup of coffee watching the entire scene unfold.

"This is nice." Italy smiled, taking a sip of his drink. Romano sighed contentedly as well, settling into his chair a little more.

"Yeah. It is. I missed this. I missed them." He also took a swallow of his coffee.

"I did, too. Man, I was so surprised when I first came back. I woke up in Germany's room, you see. So it was quite the shock."

"Oh? Wait... what were you doing in the Potato Bastard's room?" Romano's eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"Uh... n-nothing... His house just gets really cold, and he's a furnace! So..."

"You don't get cold like that. Don't lie!"

"Fratello! C-can we not talk about this right now?" Italy practically begged his brother. "We're just friends! It isn't like that."

"Uh, huh." He didn't believe his brother for a moment.

"I still have the picture of you cuddled up to Spain. I could give it to him, you know." Italy smirked wickedly, watching as his brother's eyes widened in horror.

"Y-you still have that?! Feli! Please!" He begged, "Whatever you do, don't give it to the Tomato Bastard! I swear, I'll never hear the end of it!"

"Then don't bring up the little detail that I sometimes sneak into Germany's bed." Italy knew he had his brother. There was no way he'd want that picture getting out.

"F-fine. Fucking bastard. Blackmailing your brother. I taught you too well." He huffed and crossed his arms, sticking out his tongue at his little brother.

"Oh, that's mature."

"I never claimed to be mature, just more mature than you." He smirked, green eyes sparkling with mischief.

"I know that look. Who're we gonna prank?" Italy's golden eyes also gained a spark of mischief.

"How about... Prussia?" Romano said after a moment of thinking.

"Prank the prankster? I like it. Mr. Austria would be proud."

"You're too old to call him 'Mr. Austria', especially now." Romano reminded him.

"I know, I know. But old habits have the tendency to crop back up on you sometimes."

The prank ended up being a classic ice-cold water balloon over the head. Only this time, they mixed fine particles of glitter in with the water. The end result was a soaked, shivering, sparkly Prussia, and a laughter-filled room.

"ITAAAALY!" Prussia cried. "You aren't supposed to prank me!" He spluttered, looking at the two.

"Oi! I helped prank you, too, Bastard!" Romano growled. Sometimes he got really tired of how everyone only noticed his brother.

"I know! That's why I said 'Italy' instead of 'Ita'." Prussia pointed to Veneziano Italy. "He's Ita." Then he pointed to Romano Italy. "And you're Romano. But you're both Italy, so the full name is the two of you combined." He crossed his arms with a triumphant smile, which was ruined by his sudden sneezing.