Chapter 2: Verità

A/N: Hey guys! I've been in a bit of an updating mood lately, so I decided to give you the next chapter. Thanks to all those (3) of you who reviewed and those of you who favorited/followed! It means a lot to me! I hope you enjoy this new (and extra long) chapter~! It should (hopefully) make you cry~! :D YAY~!

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Hetalia or Chrome Shelled Regios.

Chapter 2: Verità

They found themselves in that same white expanse as before. "What... did we just see?" England asked, still trying to comprehend the destruction that they'd witnessed.

"The beginning of the end." Italy said. "That was the start of the apocalypse."

"The start? That was only the start?!" Prussia yelled out, not wanting to believe that it had actually happened.

"Si..."

"Wait... If that was something that jumpstarted the end of the world, then I am thinking that it was a bit small, Da?" Russia finally spoke up; making a few nations who'd forgotten that he was there, jump.

"The explosion that you saw didn't occur in Italy."

"WHAT?!" They all cried.

"But! How?! You mean to tell me that that explosion happened in another country?! What could possibly make an explosion that big?! That'd kill thousands of people in an entirely different country in an instant?!" America shouted out in shock.

"Ve... I'll explain from the beginning, since I doubt that it'll be explained through the memories." Italy finally relented, gesturing for the others to sit down on the ground with him, his brother still keeping his hold on him, for which Italy was secretly grateful. "The blast was centered in America." The entire room went still, as America paled drastically.

"What...? But... me?! I... caused that? Bu–! But, how...?" America shook a little, reminding the other nations just how young he really was compared to the rest of them.

"It wasn't your fault. I'll explain. It was one of your nuclear power plants. Something malfunctioned in one of your power plants in Tennessee... That flower that I was researching before? Its pollen reacted violently with the power plant's failure, and the molecular structure was changed by the direct radioactivity. It basically became the trigger for every nuclear power plant in the world. The pollen was small enough to sneak its way into the plants themselves. Once it got in, the pollen would destabilize the nuclear reactors and cause an explosive meltdown. And due to how fast the pollen travels when airborne, it... It set off every nuclear power plant you had, America... In less than 5 minutes, your entire nation was obliterated. The land itself was blown apart into small, uninhabitable island chains... and the pollen spread all over the earth, setting off every nuclear power plant around the globe." The nations all paled, very glad that they were already sitting.

"America died instantly... France was heavily injured, but managed to survive... Japan managed to be alright, somehow... but... Most of Europe was obliterated like America was. A rather large chunk of Northern Italy was blown off the map, too... Everything... everyone from France—including a large chunk of Eastern Spain—eastward to Ukraine—the UK and, as I said before, a large chunk of Northern Italy included—was completely and utterly destroyed... though a handful of the European Nations managed to survive... Somehow."

Italy took a shaky breath to steady himself again. "Billions of people died in the span of 10 minutes... Countless more would die over the next few months and years due to radiation poisoning..." He trailed off. "Did you know? Nations are immune to direct radiation poisoning. At least... we were... Constant exposure will eventually affect us just as it would a human."