Chapter 8: Oscurità

Chapter 8: Oscurità

After they'd eaten, the Aurora decided to throw the group straight back into the memories.

"What? No break?" France asked, affronted.

"Suppose not. Guess we still need to see more today." Prussia deflated a bit. He'd been looking forward to a day of no more memories.

The scene showed Feliciano sitting in the lab in Upwhur. The steampunk owl was perched beside the depressed Italian, who had his head in his arms and was staring off into space.

"Oh, dear. Feliciano... Why don't you go outside? It's been months since you've seen the sun! I'm very worried about you." The owl tilted his head in what the nations assumed was concern.

"Why bother? What do I have left to live for? I'm all alone... again." Feli looked dead inside. There was no emotion to his voice.

Romano and Japan both flinched badly as they shared a look. They figured that Italy wouldn't take their deaths well, but... this was worse than they'd first thought.

Upwhur sighed. "And as usual, you don't give me any real response. I suppose you won't humor me at all?" He paused for a moment, but Feliciano made no move to reply. He simply sat there, staring at two familiar Dites.

"Speaking of Dites..." Romano said, looking at his brother.

"Oh, here." Italy casually threw his brother his Dite.

"Grazie."

"Prego."

A sudden loud BANG startled Feliciano and Upwhur as the door to the lab was thrown open.

"I say! I did not permit you entry!" Jarvis sounded rather cross.

"Yeah, yeah! Stuff it! I'm here to see my friend!" A man with white hair and red eyes marched into the room and went straight up to Feli and smacked him upside the head.

"P-Prussia?!" Feliciano blinked in shock.

"Who else?" He smirked for a moment before letting the expression drop. "I heard what happened."

"Holy crap... I'm alive?!" Prussia stared at his future-self in shock. Even Romano and Japan shared shocked looks.

"You did? From who?" Feli blinked, startled.

"Carlos. King of Glendan. Apparently you guys told him about me at some point. He explained what happened, and I came here to find you." Gilbert explained, taking a seat beside his friend.

"But... why find me?" Feli tilted his head; his voice still sounded so broken and hollow.

"Because you're my friend, Feli! And you shouldn't be alone right now. Don't think I can't see that knife hiding in your drawer. I know how you feel."

"How? How could you possibly know how it feels to lose..." Feliciano trailed off as he remembered Holy Rome and Germany were both gone. "Oh..."

"Ja. I'm the only one left, now. And believe you me... I wanted to join them. I tried. But an old friend of ours stopped me, and helped me find myself again." He looked off into the distance, a fond smile on his face. "So now, I'm here to give you the same courtesy."

"You can't stay, can you?" Feli suddenly asked, causing Gilbert to wince.

"Well... No. I can't... You see, I got hurt pretty badly in the Initial Blast, too... By all accounts, I should've died. I think I did die, actually, but somehow I became an Electronic Spirit. I suppose I was just too Awesome to die."