Chapter 6: Speranza

Chapter 6: Speranza

The scene changed to show Glendan again. Feliciano, Lovino, and Kiku were heading into a rather lavish mansion.

"Dude, do you live there?!" America gawked at the mansion.

"Si. That was originally built for the royal family of Glendan, but they gave it to us as a gift." He shrugged. It wasn't like they'd stayed there for any real length of time, anyways. "By the way, it's 2,850 TF."

They winced at how many years had gone by as they walked through the lavish hallways, most of them feeling out of place. "It quite reminds me of Buckingham, to be honest." England commented.

"Дa? I am thinking that it is being too big and lonely. If only everybody were to be living together..." Russia smiled, making a few nations step away from him.

"Do you think it could've been Hungary?" Feliciano asked, excited.

"Why would she be up north? Think about it! It's much more likely to be someone who's from a colder climate." Lovino rebutted.

"Like who?"

"Perhaps Kazakhstan? She has a rather cold climate." Kiku theorized.

"True... It may not even be anyone we're overly familiar with..."

"I hope it is, though." Lovino pouted. "It would be nice to see another familiar face."

"Kawaii, Lovino~" Kiku smiled.

"H-hey! Who are you calling cute, eh?!"

"Hmmm..." Kiku pretended to think. "You?"

Feli laughed at their banter. The observing nations blinked. Was Romano always this playful? Kiku turned red. How informal! To just joke around! But... at the same time, it also seemed to be so nice.

Romano, on the other hand, looked at his future self with surprise. He only bantered like that with his brother! Did that mean that his future self saw Kiku as a brother? As close as his own twin?

The group followed the three into a kitchen where Feli skipped through the room, making the group pasta.

"Arigatou, Feli!" Kiku happily dug into the fresh hot meal, as did Lovi. As the three enjoyed the meal, the nations watching became acutely aware of their own hunger.

"Hey, could we stop for a bit? The Awesome Me, is getting unawesomely hungry..." Prussia complained. Many of the other nations nodded in agreement.

"Saya?" Italy asked.

The scene around them warped into the now familiar break room. Everyone sighed in relief. "Shall I make everyone lunch?" England offered.

"NO!" Everyone yelled at once. Italy shared a look with China. They felt bad for the obviously hurt nation.

"England... why don't you make everyone tea? Nobody can make tea as good as you." He offered. China didn't seem offended, either.

"Italy's right, aru. Nobody can make tea like you can. Even I can't make the teas you can. Though I am better at green tea than you." China smirked.

"D-do you really mean that?" England asked, surprised.

"Yeah, dude! Seriously! I can't get enough of your tea!" America grinned.

"But you dumped it all into the harbor!" England yelled.

"You sent me the cheap crap!" America argued.

"Well, it's a good thing I did, considering."

"Anyways... let's not fight, now." Canada stepped in.