Chapter One

" Brielle Carter"  like her mother, inherited a rare string of genetics that is passed down to the first born daughter of every generation.

 Brielle has light brown locks that cascades amongst her fair rose  porcelain skin. Enchanted bewitching blue eyes ,a pillowing dimple on her left cheek of her heart shaped face. 

Old magic flows within her blood brought upon by  her ancient ancestors, "The Time Travellers". She was  blessed with the  gift of time by an eight hundred year old Celtic witch. The only problem is , Brielle has no idea.

At the age of twenty , Brielle's life was far from normal.

The million dollar company "Carter & Co" is the most strategic and promising law firm that Australia's ever had. This success was backed  by a generous investor. That  investor was known as Mr Alfonsi . 

Brielle's father decided it was time to leave London to pursue his new founded career , making  his wife ,son and  Brielle who at the  age of  five  was to leave behind everything she loved dearly. This included her best friend Olivia Taylor and her Grandmother Eleanor.

Brielle's father ,  Mr Michael Carter  is a business oriented and success driven  man, who always  had a very stern and cold relationship with his two children.

He was only ever seen wearing a designer branded suit thats was ironed and steampressed, cufflinks and a tie. 

He had cold dark brown brooding eyes , olive toned skin and jet black hair, that held a neat moustache upon his upper lip. He was a man of half Italian blood and half English. Though he couldn't look more Italian if he tried.

 Every morning  he would demand  a triple shot expresso before starting his day. A religious man who would clear his sins of guilt every Sunday before making his standard crook business deals on Monday.

Brielle's Mother, " Mrs Elizabeth  Rose Carter" on the other hand was not any less stifling. With a heart made of ice, along with her beauty and brains she was the perfect candidate for Michael.

If you looked any closer you would notice something very odd about Elizabeth. Its not her temper or her odd use of old fashioned jargon, but something much more. 

When Brielle was  growing up along side her older brother James, she felt invisible. At seven she started misbehaving   to attract any emotion or attention from her heartless parents, which would escalate to a household maid dragging her back to her room.

As Brielle grew older she realised being invisible and alone wasn't so bad after all . 

Having such emotionally withdrawn parents, Brielle found comfort in her weekly phone calls to her Grandmother and best friend who soon became the only family she needed.

Michael's first born child was  Mr James Michael Carter.                                                                                 By being born a boy he was obligated to take over as the future CEO for C&C . 

When Brielle entered the world  ten years later  it was a big surprise , but none the less a major asset to the Carter family . 

Brielle's father made a  secret contract deal before they moved to Australia that their first born daughter was to marry Mr Alfonsi's first born son due  to his faithful investment to the company. 

It was a stormy Wednesday evening at  8:30 pm on her 16th birthday when her father invited her into his office. 

It was after the most  grandest birthday she has ever had. A  big group of  mostly unfamiliar teenagers and adults surrounded her. Balloons and gifts covered her bedroom floor with caterers covering the mansion of every floor attending to the guests.