38

"Eunbin!"

The loud voice shuddered Eunbin back to reality. She had been thinking about the whole Somi situation. How was she gonna tell her? She couldn't seem to get her mind off Seungmin—who walked away only a few seconds ago.

Still standing in front of Seungmin's locker, she twirled to see who the voice belonged to.

It was Jisung. She smiled at him, despite her feelings of confusion. "Oh. Hey, Jisung..." She tilted her head, puzzled by the boy's presence. "Is everything okay?"

She hadn't spoken to him. Following the break up of Somi and Hyunjin's relationship, his group of friends and Somi's group of friends—including her, Daehwi, and Park Jisung—quit hanging out. That concluded most of their friendships, excluding Jeno and Hyunjoon. Eunbin remained friends with the two.

"Have you seen Hyun— Wait, was that Seungmin you were just talking to?" He sounded out of breath, like if had been running all over the place. His eyes followed Seungmin, who just turned the corner of the hallway, no longer in their sight.

"Yeah."

"Y'know—pretty sure you already do, but Somi has a thing for Brains over there," He stated, almost teasingly, his index finger point in the direction Seungmin walked off to. "Didn't know you were friends with him."

"Well, now you know," Eunbin replied as she clutched her textbooks closer to her chest, intimidated of the way he spoke to her, as if he knew something.

Jisung raised an eyebrow. "You sure you're just friends?"

Eunbin pursed her lips, beginning to walk away, uninterested in what Jisung wanted to say next.

"By the looks of it, sure doesn't seem like you see him as just a friend,"  He teased the brunette, who he struggled to keep up with, as he was still catching his breath.

"What do you want, Jisung?" She questioned, getting straight to the point.

"Have you seen Hyunjin around, by any chance?" He questioned.

Eunbin's face scrunched up. "No, how would I know where he is?"

"Well, because y'know— Hyunjin used to date your best friend," He retorted. "Where is she anyway? Maybe she's seen him around. You're clearly of no help," Jisung grumbled, frowning at her.

"I don't know where Hyunjin is and I need to go find Somi, so if you'll excuse me." She held her hand up firmly—signaling him to quit following her—continuing to walk down the now empty hallways.

"Well can you at least do me a favor?" Jisung asked, slightly jogging to catch up with her—his backpack bouncing with every step.

"Would you text me if you see Hyunjin around?"

Eunbin halted abruptly, surprising Jisung. He exhaled in relief as she twirled to face him. He raised his eyebrows in question as he waited for her to speak.

"What's in it for me?" She inquired, placing a hand on her hips as the other held her textbooks.

"It's called a favor for a reason, Kwon."

"Consider it an even trade. How does that sound, Han?" She raised an eyebrow at Jisung, who rolled his eyes.

He threw his head back. "I don't have time for this, Eunbin. I need to find Hyunjin before Coach finds out he's skipping again—well, that's if he even is. Which is another reason why I need to find him ASAP, ever heard that term? It means as soon as possible, meaning I don't have time for this!"