- 32

˚☆★˚ * ˚☆★

"What do you mean you tried talking to him?" Eunbin slapped her forehead in disappointment.

Somi sighed, "I need closure, I can't just let things end this way between us. Jinnie was my boyfriend and best friend at one point, Eunbin," she explained, taking out a few textbooks from her locker before closing it.

"Somi, I know that, but think about the way he feels. I know you want things to end in a good way. And that's how you feel, but think about him..." Eunbin trailed off, walking beside the brunette. "He might be avoiding you to prevent from catching feelings again, or he may just be hurt to see you in general," Eunbin explained to Somi, who only shook her head – a small smile on her lips.

"I get that, Eunbin... but I really don't want things to end this way."

"Somi, let him go..." she trailed off.

"I need to fix thi—" Somi stopped midway in her tracks, shock suddenly taking over her features.

Only a few feet down the hallway, Hyunjin leaned casually against the lockers as he laughed – the corners of his russet brown eyes crinkling in delight – at something the girl beside him said, perhaps something he said to her. The unknown girl clutched her textbooks close to her chest, shyly pushing strands of hair behind her ear. He gave her a genuine smile, one that made the girl's cheeks turn a bright pink.

Eunbin instinctively grabbed Somi by the arm and pulled her into one of the restrooms nearby. She let out a deep sigh, before hesitantly speaking up. "By the looks of it... I'm guessing you don't know who that is either?" She frowned, noticing Somi's downcasted expression.

"Do you think... he has a girlfriend already?" Somi gulped at the thought of Hyunjin being with someone else. Someone other than her.

"So what if he does? You shouldn't be bothered by it!" Eunbin exclaimed, hoping her words would aid in her best friend's comfort.

"You're right," Somi sighed, fixing her hair in the reflection of the mirror.

She's right. Eunbin is right. But Somi couldn't help but feel her heart sink into the pit of her stomach in despair.

"Remember... Seungmin?" Eunbin reminded.

At the sound of his name, Somi's heart did a little dance, and that's what confused her the most. At this point, she didn't know who she had feelings for anymore.

˚☆★˚ * ˚☆★

"I was wondering... if.. uh," Hyunjin ran his hand through his recently dyed tawny-colored hair – a sheepish smile displayed on his lips. His voice, like always, was smooth and gentle. However, the tentativeness in his voice is what made Jungsoon raise her brows in question.

Contrary to his assertive, bold self – Hyunjin seemed a bit dubious. Noticing the way he rubbed the back of his neck and avoided her eyes, Jungsoon called out his name, "Hyunjin."

His eyes were quick to meet hers, a smile instantly taking over her lips at his flustered expression.

"What is it?" She questioned, giving him an encouraging smile.

"Oh," he cleared his throat. "Can I have your number?"

Jungsoon tried to stifle back her laugh. "It's for a friend," he replied casually, returning to the confident Hyunjin that Jungsoon knew.