18

˚☆★˚ * ˚☆★

Hyunjin rubbed the back of his nape. "I don't know, Ji. She just..."

"She just...?" Jisung tilted his head, confused by the raven-haired boy. He sat in a bean bag chair with a bag of chips on his lap. His legs rested on the bed in front of him, which Hyunjin laid on—already intoxicated by the few drinks he'd had that night.

Throwing a chip into his mouth, Jisung propped himself up with an elbow and put his feet on the floor.

"Is he gonna finish that sentence, or are we just supposed to wait?" Hyunjoon questioned, eyeing Hyunjin from across the room.

"If we wait, we'll be here the entire night," Sunwoo added, taking a swig of his drink.

"Give me that," Hyunjin frowned, taking the bottle from Sunwoo's hands.

"Bro, you're overthinking it," Jeno attempted to reassure him, not even sharing a glance. He seemed too interested in whatever was on his phone to focus on Hyunjin.

"Am I?" Hyunjin's eyes narrowed at Jeno, who finally glanced up, and looked him straight in the eyes before chugging the rest of the bottle.

Hyunjoon hopped off the tall window seat in Donghyuck's room and quickly made his way to Hyunjin.

"I think that's enough drinking for tonight, buddy," He snatched the now empty bottle from Hyunjin's hands.

"But that's only my 4th one!" Hyunjin whined, stomping his feet on the floor like a toddler who just got his toys taken from him.

"Four too many," Donghyuck retorted.

"Dude, just sleep on it," Hyunjoon patted Hyunjin's shoulder.

"But, she hasn't been the same," Hyunjin whined, throwing his entire body weight onto the bed—almost banging his skull on the headboard if Jisung hadn't instinctively thrown a pillow in advance.

"Who exactly are you talking about again?" Donghyuck teased, fully aware of Hyunjin's past.

"I'm not like that anymore, Hyuck," Hyunjin glared at him from across the room. "You know I'm talking about Somi."

"I'm just saying."

"Lay off, Hyuck," Hyunjoon glared at him momentarily before giving his attention to Hyunjin.

"What do you mean, Hyun?"

"She's been distant lately. I think I know why, I just don't want to accept it."

"You think she's seeing someone else?" Donghyuck asked curiously.

"Not necessarily, I just think maybe she likes someone other than me," Hyunjin replies sadly. He threw his head into the pillow.

"So what if she does? There's a bunch other hot girls at our school."

"That's not it, Ji. Somi is different. She changed me, for the better. I just... I can't lose her," Hyunjin confessed, his voice muffled as he spoke into the pillow. ‪