The yelling was rapidly intensifying, and it was soon going to turn into a physical fight.

Coach Grayson, also known as dad, was in the middle of the ever growing circle around us in the blink of an eye.

"You two, off the field. Now." Dad yelled, and I wasn't gonna lie, it was intimidating to see him angry. Though thankfully, he knew where being a teacher ended and being a father started.

The commotion died down a little after we were dragged to the court side. My blood cooled down now that I wasn't running, and I could suddenly feel how cold it was. The storm had barely slowed its pace.

"You're gonna solve whatever is going on between you two or so help me you're both benched till you're forty," He pointed us towards the locker rooms. "Gavin," Dad yelled after Gavin Ross, who was the co-captain of the team. "Go with them. Make sure the situation ends there." Spyder stormed in that direction while I dragged my body behind him.

Gavin looked sternly at us. "I'll give you ten minutes alone to solve your issues. Ten minutes only. I'll go fucking try remove the red paint off of Zane's fucking painting and if I'm back and you're not hugging it out like six year old girls at a tea party I'll hang you both to the light projectors by your underwear."

Spyder and I vigorously nodded.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the pillow." I said.

"Not the only one."

"Can you stop being so vague and tell me what did I do to deserve this?" I was having enough of his attitude.

"If you can't see the problem then you're clearly clueless." he said, adding to the ambiguity of the situation.

"Well please, feel free to enlighten me."

"You've never missed music night at the café without at least calling or texting me. You've never gone for hours without seeing or texting me. You've never let anyone even touch your school supplies. But suddenly Kent Sinclair comes into the picture and in a couple of days he walks the hallways wearing your jacket, carrying your notebook, and spending days at your house, taking all your time," tears were brimming in his eyes, while mine were too shocked to blink. "What did you expect me to do? Sit down and watch my best friend forget I exist? Or pretend that I'm okay with you giving all your time to someone else? Or hide the fact that I've liked you for God knows how long yet I had to watch you kiss someone else in front of me?"

His words felt like a hard blow to my chest.

What was I to do with all that information? How was I supposed to know that he liked me? For all I knew, Spyder was the straightest person ever, and even if not, it wouldn't have changed a thing. I've never liked him that way.

However, he had all the right to be upset. I did spend most of my time with Kent, but not at all for the reasons he thought. Kent wasn't a normal kid with a normal life. He was either too broken to speak or too sick to function properly. He needed help and support to just live a life that merely resembled normalcy and I was helping him achieve that.

Between cramming for exams and taking care of Kent I did lose a part of my social life. It wasn't going to be that way forever, though. I just needed to find balance, and Spyder was tipping the scales left and right.

We didn't solve our dilemma. At least, not completely.

I did explain my side of the story, I owed him that. And he did understand where I was coming from, to a certain extent.

"Why haven't you told me you had feelings for me." I asked as we walked back to the field, Gavin trailing behind us with red paint splattered on his arms.

"Because we're best friends. I knew you didn't like me in a boyfriendly way and I knew I needed to move on from it. I guess I just needed to let it out so it stops tagging along with me."

"You don't have to worry about it, you know. It won't change anything between us." I reassured him despite the fact that he seemed to be already over it. He was like that; rarely ever hung up on something.

"I knew it won't. Like I said, I just had to put it out there."

"That was one hell of a way to do it."

He shoved me playfully. "You left me no choice, so don't act like a victim."

"You're breaking my heart, Spyder Haynes."

"You don't have one, Noah Grayson."

"Weirdos." Gavin said as he passed between us and jogged to his position.

Dad whistled, gesturing for everyone to be in position. Spyder ran to his as I ran to mine. We exchanged glances, which affirmed that things were going to be okay between us.

Though, one thing slipped my mind. I should've asked him about it first thing, so I made a mental note to ask him later.

Why had he kept calling Kent a bastard?

A/N:
Dear girlfriend,

This is an early monthaversary gift.

Love, boyfriend.

Lmao love, simon is shook^.

Anyway hey what's up you guys, yes this another update. Albeit late, because you already know why. (if you don't then yikes you haven't been reading the A/Ns)
Vote, comment, and tell me what you think.
More soon x.