BONUS CHAPTER: TWO HEROES [2/2]

Start from the beginning

Izuku led the way back out of the room, sprinting down the corridor with his friends in pursuit. Kacchan got frustrated with their pace and dashed on ahead, disappearing from view as he rounded a corner, only to be seen waiting grumpily next to a door. They broke it down and headed outside onto the roof, faced with a sudden rush of cool night air. Massive fans spun languidly in rows, stretching far above them around a pillar.

"The wind power generator system," Melissa commented in hushed tones.

"Why here?" Uraraka inquired, looking around curiously.

"If we go up through the tower, the security machines are probably going to ambush us, so we'll go to the top from here," she explained, striding forwards. "If we can just get to that emergency exit..."

Kacchan sneered and threw down his palms, shooting up like a rocket and landing a little clumsily up on the balcony beneath the exit. "Stop wasting time!" He yelled down.

Shouto looked to Izuku, who was peering up at the fans. There wasn't any easy way to dart up between the sections with his Quirk unless he wanted to repeatedly bash his head or accidentally end up cut in half by the fan blades, neither of which was an optimal situation to be in.

"Ochako-san, could you use your Quirk to send us up there?" Melissa asked hopefully, trembling hand clenched over her heart.

"Right. Leave it to me!" She said with a determined expression.

"Shouto-kun can use his ice to lift both of you up after," Izuku suggested, gaining a placid nod in response from his friend.

Melissa hopped onto Izuku's back, and once Uraraka's Quirk was in effect, he crouched down and carefully leapt upwards, slowly floating towards the sky. The brown-haired girl gave a panicked mutter, causing both of them to look down and see more robots flooding out towards her and Shouto, who threw a hasty wall of ice up to try and block them. Despite the power, the robots were learning, piling up on the other side until they could climb over the top and slide down towards their targets. He hesitated before flinging out his other hand to send out a rush of flames, only for the robots to continue rolling without being fazed. One of them spat out a thin wire that wrapped around his arm, immobilising it.

There was a sudden explosion and a scorch of heat as Kacchan shot into the fray, teeth bared in a snarl as he obliterated several bots, throwing them off the edge. Shouto slammed down a foot and caught many more robots in a deluge of ice, then froze the restricting wire to snap it off and destroy the robot.

"Go on then, damn nerd! Stop fucking staring and go and fix this bullshit!" Kacchan growled as he exploded another collection of enemies.

"Thanks, everyo-"

A flood of air caught them off-guard, pushing them off course. Melissa held on tighter, hands clenching into his shirt and face pressing into the back of his head as he let her legs loose to balance himself. They were floating so high above the island that the ground looked like a reflection of the starry sky above them. Izuku was used to training in zero gravity with Ochako in the future, so the sensation wasn't too unnerving, but... wow, that was a really long way down...

Kacchan exploded the metal supports on one of the giant fans, bending it at a different angle. Shouto threw off his jacket and ignited his fire Quirk, sending an empyrean plume towards the slowly spinning blades to create a blast of hot air that guided them back over the building. They flipped upside-down in the current, his skin tingling at the sudden temperature change. He glanced over his shoulder at Melissa's panicked cry, realising that they were careening towards a wall at high speeds. Although he had been hoping to save all three chances with the Full Gauntlet, there wasn't enough time to steady his control, or even know if a 40% punch would be able to break through the wall.