"Aria, you know I don't like being answered."

Aria came back to reality, breathing so hard that her body shook and looked up at Luke once more, though he was slightly blurry from the tears in her eyes. She could see that he was enjoying her panic. It took all her strength, but she was able to yank herself hard, away from his grasp and shock, before turning and running away from him, terror still running through her veins.

Xepher was furious, worried, and irritated all at once. Furious because when he turned the corner to his fourth hour class, he saw Luke and Silent standing inches away from each other. He'd been holding her arm and he was almost about to blow a blood vessel because that's where he'd grabbed her earlier and she'd pulled away from him immediately. That's what irritated him. That he cared so much. Then he became worried, because he saw her arm tighten and try to pull away, but Luke's hand gripped her tighter, and she flinched. He said something to her then, and her body froze, he couldn't even see if she was breathing. She paled and her eyes seemed to get teary and she stared off into space for a moment. Xepher was about to help her when she finally seemed to snap out of the stupor she was in and pulled hard, shocking both Luke and Xepher, before she took off away from him.

"Good job, Silent." Xepher whispered before he continued his way to fourth hour. Xepher couldn't help but glare at Luke as he walked past him. He made it to the last class before lunch just in time for the tardy bell to ring and ignored all the stared he received. He noticed a familiar dark red head, with her nose in a book in the back of the class. He strolled to his matching seat on the other side of the class as the banter from the students began to climb again. The teacher cleared her throat, quieting the class down.

"Okay class, today we are going to begin our animal dissections." The class erupted cheerfully at the thought and the teacher had to corral them again.

"Guys, if you don't calm down and let me speak, we won't have enough time to do it." Everyone immediately shut their mouths. Xepher stayed quiet as he paid all his attention to the equally quiet girl in the back, still nose deep in a book.

"Thank you. Now, we need pairs for this to work. That will be your partner for the rest of the semester as well, so choose someone you work well with please. Go on." Everyone got into their preferred pairs, but Xepher was still caught up in his thoughts over Luke touching Silent. He shook his head; he should really figure out her name. It felt wrong calling her that. Then again, he really shouldn't care. He put his head in his hands, what was wrong with him? He needed to not worry about her whatsoever. She meant nothing to him.

Xepher heard someone clear their throat near him and looked up, slightly annoyed. Then he noticed it was Ms. Tanya. She was quite cute for a teacher with short brown hair and brown eyes to match. Her coco skin was flawless even at 43, and she was a very dedicated teacher.

"Yes?" Xepher asked.

"I was wondering, I know you don't generally care to have partners, but we only have enough for pairs and Aria doesn't have a partner."

"Aria?" he asked in confusion, he'd never head that name before.

"Yes, Aria Nightingale?" she pointed across the room from where Xepher sat and at the spot Silent was sitting at, still reading. His eyes widened.

"Aria." The name rolled off his tongue and he felt a smile touch his lips at the sound. He looked back at Ms. Tanya.

"Yeah, sure, I'll take her as my partner." Ms. Tanya smiled giddily.

"Great! Now let's see if I can convince her that." She headed across the room to Aria. She had to shake her to get her focus from the boo and when she did Aria jumped, startled. He couldn't hear what he was saying but knew they were talking about him when Aria looked his way, almost surprised to see him there. She looked back at Ms. Tanya and nodded, closing her book and putting it in her bag. She stood then and together they walked over to Xepher.