"Where's Ares?" I ask, deflecting her question, dropping the rag onto the floor. Artemis quirks an eyebrow. 

"I dunno, he said that he was going to blow off some ste-" Her eyes went wide when she did a double-take on Hep. "Wait! Why are you still here?! Where is the girl?!" He averts his brown eyes to the floor, clenching his fists at his side. 

"Never mind that, Apollo just had a vision." Athena cuts in, and I run my tongue over my teeth. 

"I saw Ares's eyes." Artemis furrows her brows at me. I pull Hep to his feet, and he voices a quick thanks.

"So?" Athena says, getting impatient. 

"They were red." Ares was the only god among us that could change his physical appearance, except, it wasn't intentional. His silver eyes turned blood red whenever he was angry. That was just a perk of being the god of basically everything brutal, everything ruthless, done to the main idea of winning. And if he was angry, who knew what he would do? "Hep, do you know where he's going?" 

Athena stiffened and cursed loudly. "Shit." Artemis narrowed her eyes. 

"Ares said something about doing it himself. I was about to go and get her, but, oh fuck. He caught me off guard and dragged me here." My eyes widened. No. Was he implying that... "He's going to get Mia himself."

"That's not good." I murmur to myself, knowing that if he was mad and with Mia, he would be the #1 most dangerous and unpredictable thing right now. 

"Aren't you supposed to be stronger than him?" Artemis challenged, crossing her arms at him. He glared back at her. Really?! This wasn't the time for bickering about who was more powerful or less!

"He just-He improved more than I thought he would!" Hep defensively snapped, crossing his arms. I pressed my lips together, shouldering my way out of the cramped shed. Shoot. 

I pull out my phone from my back pocket and text Ares. 

Me: I know that you went after the girl. What the hell were you thinking?

His icon popped up, three dots flickering as he typed. 

Ares: You know damn well that old man was going to murder her. 

I blinked at his words. Hep was only three years older than us. I click on his contact, and pressed 'facetime.'

"I'm facetiming Ares right now. How long were you tied up in there?" I turned over to look at Hep, who was being scolded by Artemis. Athena rolled her eyes, before checking her watch. 

"About three hours." 

"I swear to god, if she even has a scratch on her body, I'm going to kill Ares." I growl. 

*Mia's POV*

I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. That's all that's running through my mind as the Lamborghini sped through the streets. I hold onto the side of the seat for my life, rocking back and forth as he barely spares stop signs a thought. Cars honked at him, and at this point, I'm just praying that all he does is run off the road and not crash into a street pole. 

The Greek God had pulled me out of my apartment and tossed me into his car, saying that we were going to Olympics or something. I press my lips together, the tears already long gone. If it weren't for the picture that I saw, I wouldn't have believed that he was actually Ares. Or maybe he could've been a doppelganger. 

I don't know where I'm going with these thoughts, but it was all I was able to think of to distract myself from my current situation. 

If I tried to run from the car, would he be able to catch me? Can I scream for help? Do Greek Gods even apply to law systems?!