This isn't You

Waking up with sweat running down her face and a scream escaping her mouth.
Akali swung her legs over the side of her bed, when a hand grasped her shoulder.

Akali knew who grabbed her shoulder, the familiar touch of soft skin and the scratch of long acrylic nails.

"Darling what's going on?" Asked the feminine figure that laid on the other side of the bed.

"Nothing..." a long pause "Just go back to bed Eve." Akali breathed out.

Evelynn closed her eyes falling back to a comfortable sleep.
Akali finally let it out and silently cried what tears would fall.

She stood up and walked to the bathroom closing and locking the door turning the overhead light on as she did so.
In a matter of seconds she pulled out a hidden razor blade and cut into her left wrist.

Grunts and near cries of pain came erupting from her mouth.
Quickly she turned the sink on cold and watched as the bloody water washed down the drain.
Akali wrapped her left wrist in gauze and called it a night.

Turning off the sink and Turning the light off she walked out of the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

Akali's eyes landed on the feminine figure that laid in her bed sleeping peacefully. Or so she thought.

"You can't fool me anymore, kali." Evelynn spoke.

Nearly jumping out of her skin, Akali replied.

"Fool you? What makes you think that?"

"Don't play dumb kali I know your cutting yourself. I've seen the bloody residue, heard the screams and whimpers."

"So what if I am cutting? It's not like you can stop me!"

Evelynn got up out of bed so fast, she grabbed Akali's wrists holding them front of her band mates face.

"Your skin is not paper Akali! Don't cut it please." Evelynn begged

"I'm not sorry Evelynn, I have my reasons why!" Akali argued "Believe it or not Evelynn I love the pain it makes feel whole again."

Eyes watering Evelynn speaks,

"I love you kali, but please you can't keep doing this."

"This thing it's over. We never happened!"

"Kali I love you!" Evelynn said

"If you loved me you would have been there when I killed those people when the nightmares began!"