cuarenta y cuatro

corbyn woke suddenly when he felt he was short of breath.

he looked up and saw two brown eyes looking at him concerned. a hand caressed his hair and somehow that managed to reassure him in part. but corbyn was still in shock.

"do you want to talk about what happened?" asked the curly-haired boy.

corbyn shook his head remembering zach's dark eyes, those eyes that seemed to have no feelings. at least no feelings for him. corbyn closed his eyes when he noticed how they began to get watered.

he missed the old zach.

jack said nothing more, just continued stroking his hair. the avery boy didn't know why the blonde had come at three in the morning to his house wearing horrible clothes and with a red and wet face because he had cried a lot. but jack knew that what corbyn needed was to calm down and knew him enough to know how to do it.

he had got corbyn to sleep a little during the night and jack had stayed awake in case he just got up and felt lonely. or scared.

ΩΩΩ

zach woke up scared. he had had a horrible nightmare. he had hurt corbyn.

luckily it had been just a nightmare, right?

his chest was drenched in sweat and his head ached so hard that it began to pound due to pain. it wasn't the first time he had nightmares, nor was it the first time his head hurt that way, what was new was that feeling of fear that lay inside him.

the brunet boy took a deep breath and noticed the clothes that were lying on the floor.

it were corbyn's.

no, wait. no, no no. it was just a nightmare, repeated zach in his head.
it had to be a mistake.

zach quickly picked up the phone and looked for the corbyn number. he just want to hear his voice.

- calling matthew -

after three ring tones he picked up the phone.

"matthew." zach said fast. he hadn't realized when he had started crying but he was crying. "that wasn't me. i-i don't..."

on the other side of the line there was only a heavy breath.

"please come back and..." zach didn't know how to talk about it, he was scared and ashamed. he just wanted to get corbyn back. his nose was runny and his eyes were blurred by tears. "i know i need help and-and i know i don't think you want to help me anymore. but don't leave me."

zach didn't want to lose him, not him.

"please matthew, don't leave me. i promise you to look for professional help, i... "

the breathing on the other side of the line became stronger and faster. zach noticed he was angry.

and he understand that corbyn could be angry.

"corbyn i'm going to fix it. i promise."

"don't call him again, asshole." but the voice of the other side of the line wasn't corbyn. it was jack avery. the jackass of jack Avery.

"no, please don't hang up, tell him to get on the phone." zach had never begged anyone and less jack idiot avery. "tell him to listen to me. tell him that... what he saw, what happened, will never happen again. "

"he can't talk now," said the curly-haired boy. "actually he won't talk with you never again."

"just let me hear you and then..."

"don't you get it?" jack interrupted. "he's scared, you scare the hell out of him."

jack hung up the phone without being able to hear zach's answer. although the brown-haired boy didn't know what to answer to that.

zach hated the fact that his corbyn might be afraid of him. after long minutes of silence, zach dropped to the floor on his knees and put his hands to his head.

"you failed, zach." the brunet boy heard his father's voice in the distance. "you let him go."

the image of his father spear in his head.

"i'm not like you, i would never hurt someone i love."

"you're right, you have no courage. what happened to fucking him until he couldn't close her damn legs?" he teased.

"i would never do that to corbyn. you're crazy..." whispered zach.

"so that's what you think? then tell me, who is it the one who is talking to a dead man? "

"you have to get out of my head, now."

"a father never leaves a son alone." the dead man clicked his tongue. "i will be with you forever, zach, following your steps like a shadow and always reminding you of the monster you are... that's is your punishment."

"you're not my father. josh is."

===
word count: 801

short chapter ik. but as you all wanted an update here it is.

 but as you all wanted an update here it is

𝕗𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕥