catorce

gabbbie gonzalez was known for making last-minute parties without a special reason and that in one way or another, it was always a success where everyone liked to go. from the most popular of the school to those who sat at the back in the classroom with the sole intention of being unnoticed.

this time the whole school talked about that fun party, many waited with eagerness and excitement for eight o'clock, while corbyn could only think of going home and shutting himself in his room.

he didn't feel very well and he didn't feel like going to the party (not to mention that gabbie had invited him personally and then withdraw that invitation).

zach as usual did not attend school, which immediately made the blonde think that the reason was because he was still sick.

yesterday when corbyn touched zach's forehead he had been surprised to see the fever so high that he had, besides zach was an asshole to him.

but maybe zach had reasons to be an asshole, at first corbyn had just gone to his apartment with the intention of talking to him about gabbie's party, corbyn wanted them to go together because it was likely that jack was going to be there.

but when he realized that zach had a fever, all corbyn could think about was to take care of him... to be useful to him.

the word pathetic kept repeating itself in his head.

"should we go to the gabbie's party?" anna asked when the last class of the day ended.

"of course not, have you gone crazy?" replied daniel.

"it looks like jonah is going to go." anna muttered with an evil smirk.

that got daniel's attention. "then we definitely have to go."

anna let out a laugh. "god dani, you are a baby. his baby."

daniel's face turned red. "i just... jonah and jack are friends since they were so young, and i'm scared to think that jonah could do the same thing that jack did to..." corbyn turned his lost gaze to daniel. "uh... i just want to make sure he doesn't do bad things."

"jonah would never cheat on you, i know he's a good boy." said corbyn being sincere.

"but..."

"he's the only boy i've met of that football team who talks about a future with you at his side." corbyn remembered hearing him talk about it on several occasions.

daniel's eyes turned tearful. "seriously?"

the blond nodded and at that moment, a feigned sob made daniel and corbyn turn their heads towards anna.

"what's going on?" daniel asked worriedly.

"i have to get a boyfriend as soon as possible. you're with jonah, corbyn is with zach, and i..."

"well actually..." corbyn interrupted. "actually... zach and i are no longer together."

"what?" exclaimed daniel and anna in unison, gaining the attention of a group of girls at their side.

"did you and the zach finish?" daniel asked with surprise.

"why?" that was anna.