Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

I shrug Peter off me and lean heavily on the sink top. I have absorbed the stones and my original magic again, I try to get rid off it but it is clinging to me like glue.

"The stones, their powers are stuck to me again, I can't seem to get rid of them."

"That's why your hair changed color then." He says

"And my eyes and the tattoos."

"Wait really?"

I turn to him and he peers into my eyes carefully, he smiles then steps back.

"See?"

"Yeah I see, they are more beautiful then ever."

I chuckle.

"But if the tattoos changed then does that mean? Hmm, hey Adi?" I ask my AI

"Yeah Nev?"

"Suit up."

As I say the words my suit slides over me and when it stops I look at it, it is no longer black. It is rainbow as well.

"It changed color."

"Yeah it did. Hey Adi run logistics I will be in the lab in a second." I yell out to her

I lean heavily on the sink as I hobble to the lab, but the sink ends and there is nothing for me to grab onto. I look around trying to find something that can hold my weight, when there is nothing I try to take a step and to my surprise I can, even without support.

Peter looks at me in shock as I continue to take steps slowly to the lab bench. When I get there I look to my right wrist still in its cast.

"Adi, diamond drill please?" I ask hand out

A mechanical arm hands it to me.

"Why are you using a diamond drill?" Peter asks

"For lack of better option, if I wanted a saw suitable to take off the cast I would have to go to the med bay and most likely get caught."

I activate the drill and gently take it to my cast, I make a shallow cut into the cast before prying it open with my bare hands.

My hand feels free and it feels perfect, my leg still has a brace but I will deal with that later.

"Adi, run scanner." I say

A scanner comes from the wall and scans my wrist. The scan shows up on the wall and I study it, there are no bone fragments like they said there would be. The bone is solid again.

"No bone fragments, muscles undamaged. Completely healthy."

"Good, now run scans and logistics on the nano particle tattoos."

There is a knock on my bedroom door.

"Adi?" I ask

"Miss Eos Smith requesting entry." She says

"Access confirmed." I say

The door unlocks and I can see Eos there.

"Nevelia come down for breakfast please." She says

"Uh-huh just give me a minute." I say back

"Why are you not in your wheelchair? You are going to damage yourself more."

"Adi show her the scans." I whisper to the AI

I can hear the holograms activating and turn to face her surprised look, the scans show that I am fine.

"You still have an anomaly in your left leg." She smirks

"Accounted for, I can still walk. Walking does not affect the anomaly in any way shape or form. The anomaly is simply a bone fragment that hasn't replaced itself, give it a few hours." I smile at her knowing I have won