Chapter Ten

Thank you so much for 74 reads, this is a really big achievement for me with this being my first published book. I never it expected it to even get two, I could have never done this without any of you!❤❤❤❤❤ 

Natasha's POV

We take up three cars as we drive to the laser tag place. Nevelia looks excited and I am glad for her, she deserves to be happy. We arrive and sneak in so the press doesn't see us. It feels odd not having Clint here but after the accords it would be best if he just stayed away letting it cool off, I'm sure Tony will convince them to let him go free soon enough. We all get our laser packs on and our guns set up. I feel as though I will ace this game.

We walk into the black room with neon paint one at a time to hide, I go in first hiding in the upstairs area waiting for my prey whoever that may be. We start playing and I wait quietly hoping to dominate the game, I hear someone walking slowly near me and spring into action shooting their chest. I look to see Thor there groaning in annoyance, I run off and go to start hunting.

Nevelia's POV

I went straight into offensive stalking around the area with splattered with neon paint, I can hear people in three different directions so I go off to the left side, hearing someone very clumsy and noisy. I immediately know who it would be.

I turn to around the corner to see Bruce there not even seeing me, I quickly shoot him and duck off. I can hear mutter to himself.

"Ugh always me, isn't it." 

I quietly chuckle to myself and continue on.

We finish the game and go to the gear room taking off our vests and placing them on the hooks. We look to the scores on a screen and I can see I was first hitting everyone twice and never being hit once, despite their attempts and them ganging up on me.

"You are amazing at that." Wanda smiles at me

"Thanks thirteen years of training paid off." I chuckle and everyone is silent "Well we can't not address the fact that I have been trained to be an assassin since I was three so please just don't make it more awkward then it needs to be."

They nod and we walk out to the cars, we have a joyful ride back home they all smile at me as I walk to the training room out of all habit. 

I start kicking the dummy not wanting to use my powers after what they did, I can hear someone come in almost silently and I turn around blade I formed to their neck.

Nebula, it's her talking to me without being forced.

"Sister." I nod lowering my dagger letting it slide away

"Sister." She nods "Can I train with you?"

"Why?" I ask confused "You never wanted anything to do with me. What's changed?"

"Father is gone, our siblings are gone. We are the remains of his legacy. I want to make up with you, in honor of Gamora. She would want us to do this."

"Since when have you done what she wants?" 

I turn back to the gear wall and wrap my hands with tape to start punching the punching bag. She grabs my shoulder trying to stop me.

"Nevelia stop, you are distracting yourself from what happened, please just talk to me about it." 

I turn to face her looking into her metal eyes, punishment for me beating her.

"You wanna talk? Fine. Gamora died because of me, when he was choosing who to sacrifice I sent a thought to his head saying to choose Gamora for I was too valuable. He listened to me. I was going to jump off to sacrifice myself but I was too weak. She died because of me, I am a monster." Tears form in my eyes as I say that, my voice breaking

She looks to me empathy filling her face, I turn to start walking away but she grabs my arm tight. I turn but before I could react she pulls me into a tight hug.

"Sister, I would never let you become a monster." I start crying into her shoulder

I let all the suppressed emotions from the last thirteen years come out, she just stands there rubbing my back and soothing me as I cry. 

When I can cry no more I step back, she smiles and puts a hand on my shoulder. I give her a small smile.

"Thank you Nebula." I smile

"You're welcome sister." She smiles

I hurriedly walk to my room hoping no one saw me. When I get there I see something wrapped in paper with beautiful patterns on my bed and a small note next to it. I take the note and sit down next to the gift.

Hey Nevelia I know things have been tough lately Steve thought you might like to try your hand at drawing. I think you could be amazing at it. Come talk to me if you ever need anything.

Tony 

I smile at the note before ripping open the paper to expose a soft leather bound book and drawing pencils. I smile and open the book up starting to draw out my surroundings.

I sense calm wash over me as the repetitive sound of lead scratching the paper fills my quiet room.

Thanos' daughterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara