Chapter Seventeen

Peter's POV

She wheels the chair over to the stones. God I hate seeing her miserable like this.

She place her hand on the stones and they all light up glowing, her skin has little lines of the stones dancing on it, she looks pained as though it hurts. I go to reach my hand out to help her but her magic pushes me away causing a barrier around her.

The barrier has streaks of lightning shaped magic going all through it, it is so mesmerizing I almost lose focus.

Her hair is slowly turning rainbow just like the colors of the stones. The barrier breaks and she slumps back in her chair, I quickly check her wrist for a pulse and I sense one. My tensed shoulders relax.

I extremely gently pick her up, damn she is as light as a feather, she needs to eat more. I place her down on her bed and move the wheelchair near her just in case it didn't work. 

I walk back out of her room and to the kitchen to get breakfast which I unfortunately skipped.

Nevelia's POV

I am on my bed, I can tell without even opening my eyes. I slowly open them and blink the sleep from my eyes, I tenderly put a hand on my leg hoping to feel something, anything. I feel the delicate touch, it worked. I think can walk again, I quickly get out of bed to test my theory. 

But to my disappointment I can barely take two steps before falling down, the loud crash rings through my ears and the house but hopefully no one heard.

But someone did, Peter comes in and sees me there in a ball leaning against my bed. Instead of doing anything that would make my failure worse he just comes and sits next to me. Staring at the closed door.

It is silent until I talk. "Why didn't it work? It should have worked."

"I know, maybe it might take some time to fully work."

"It shouldn't though it should of helped almost straight away and as you can see it hasn't." I say

"But maybe you just need to wait." 

"How long for though? A month? A year? Two years? How long?"

"I don't know, but I'll be right here waiting with you." 

He puts an arm around me and I lean my head on his shoulder.

It should have worked, it needed to work. I can't stay like this, I can't be weak like this.

"Thanks Peter." 

"It's ok Nevelia, besides do you know what I think?"

I look up at him and he is smiling gently knowing its a touchy subject.

"I think it will help you get better faster, I think tomorrow when you wake up you will be better."

"I think I need to use the stones again."

"Well I don't think that's possible."

"What do you mean?" I ask

"Well come over with me and have a look."

I try to stand up and he helps balance me, he supports most of my weight as I go over to the table to see they have broken to a small piece in the middle and the color is almost all drained from the stones.

I go over to the bathroom and look in the mirror, my hair it is almost all rainbow, it looks nice. I peer closer and see my eyes are not the crystal teal they were before they are now swirling with the colors of the stones. My tattoo on my shoulder is slightly showing and it is constantly swirling with the colors too.