Discord at Hogwarts

Seamus POV

I woke up the next morning feeling more tired than usual. I dragged myself out of bed, past Weasley's snores, and into the bathrooms for a shower. As I drenched my body in the warm water, I suddenly missed Liana terribly.

I walked into the Great Hall with Dean. "Do you think she'll talk to me?" I asked, hopefully. Dean smiled and took a seat next to me.

"I'm sure she will," he said. "Why do you ask?"

"Where is she?" I asked, scanning the room. Pretty much everyone in the school was in the room except for Liana . . . and Malfoy. I scowled. "She and Malfoy are missing. I bet the two are snogging in the halls as we speak."

"But weren't they broken up?" Dean asked, furrowing his eyebrows. He scooped some eggs onto his plate and a few sausages. I shrugged.

"They were . . . or maybe they've gotten back together. There's no other reason why they're not present," I said. I wasn't in the mood for breakfast. I poured myself a glass of water and sipped on it, then Professor Snape burst into the room with Professor McGonagall. They hurried to the front of the room. Professor McGonagall said, "May I have your attention, please."

The room was automatically silenced. Professor Snape stood next to her rather awkwardly with his lips pulled tightly together. Professor McGonagall looked worried as she continued on. "I am afraid to say that as of this morning, two of our students have gone missing. The Ministry of Magic has been alerted and parents have been contacted. If you know anything about the disappearances of Miss Liana Blake and Mister Draco Malfoy, please see me as soon as possible."

My heart dropped. Liana? Missing? And possibly with Malfoy? My eyes widened and I buried my face in my hands. Where the hell would she go? Did Voldemort kidnap her or something? He'd never felt so sick in his life. Dean put a hand on his shoulder. "They'll find her," he said. "I'm sure they will."

"But what if they don't? Or what if she's dead? What if I never see her again?"

"Voldemort's back!" a black haired second year shouted. Chaos broke out in the Great Hall as first years screamed, second years laughed, third years gasped, fourth years froze, fifth years stared in disbelief, and sixth years looked bored. The seventh years tried to stop the younger ones from running out of the room.

Before they could do so, Dumbledore walked in. "Silence!" he shouted. Everyone froze. He walked swiftly down the aisle while the trembling first years sat back down in their seats. He whispered something to Snape and McGonagall, which led them to take their seats at the table with the rest of the teachers. "Now, I realize that you've learned that Liana Blake and Draco Malfoy have disappeared from Hogwarts. Voldemort is back. However, I do not believe that he has taken them. He, nor a Death Eater, could possibly walk in unnoticed. I believe that they are together and that they planned to leave on their own, perhaps to leave earlier than usual. Their motives are unknown to me, or anyone else at the moment. But if you do, indeed, know something of relevance, I would appreciate it if you would tell either myself or Professor McGonagall or Professor Snape."

The Great Hall turned into a warzone. I heard my classmates arguing over what had really happened to them, and others trying to comfort Isabella, who had run out of the Great Hall crying about her missing cousin.

I turned to look at Dean in fear. Not being able to see Liana again, the girl I couldn't stop loving? The girl that Malfoy had taken away from me? Gone? Were they really together? For Liana's sake, I hoped that he was. I knew that he'd at least make an effort to try and keep her safe. But I wished I knew if she was safe and if she was happy. I knew that I couldn't make her happy anymore.

Pansy POV

I couldn't believe that Draco was gone. Where could he have gone? And I was sure that he and Liana were together, and Dumbledore thought so too. I could hardly stomach the thought. I should be the one with Draco! Me! Not her!

Draco didn't know what he was missing. What did Liana have that I didn't? I wanted him badly. But he didn't love me, or even like me. I supposed that I should've stopped trying a long time ago, but I was convinced that I could make him like me. He only used me to fulfill his own selfish urges. One day, maybe one day soon, I would make him pay. Then, and only then, I could hurt him. Just like he hurt me.

Harry POV

I obviously wasn't surprised when I heard that Malfoy and Liana were missing. Everyone else around me was panicking, except for Ron and Hermione, of course. "You think they're okay?" Hermione asked.

I shrugged. "They'll be getting along. They know what they're doing."

"I hope so," she said.

Ron was still stuffing his face with muffins. "Didn't he say that he'd send an owl?" I nodded. I took a sip of pumpkin juice, then grabbed my books for class. "I'll see you in Potions," I said, getting up from the table.

After my classes were over, I saw several people standing outside of the Great Hall. I tapped Liana's cousin, Isabella on the shoulder. "What's going on?"

She turned to face me. Her face was a bit swollen. I could tell that she'd been crying. "Rita Skeeter is in there interviewing students."

I scowled. "I can't stand that woman," I said. "She's a bloody liar, she is!" Since last year, she'd been spreading lies about me and Hermione being together. She sauntered out of the room with Seamus, one of her unlucky victims. He looked grief-stricken and pale.

She spotted me and approached me. "Ah, Harry Potter," she said carefully. "Where's Miss Granger?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "We're not together! We never were! Why are you even here? To spread more lies about me and my friends?" She opened her mouth to say something, but I stormed away before anything else could be said.

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful, aside from the rumors spreading about Draco and Liana's whereabouts and the line of people outside McGonagall's office to talk to her about the two missing students. I was sure that they'd all be rumors and no progress would be made. Or so I hoped. No one would think twice to look outside of Europe. And especially not the United States. Would they?

I like the way the story's coming along so far even though it's not as popular as my other fanfics on fanfiction.net. Does no one like Harry Potter anymore? Lol. I don't know. But anyway, I hope you liked this chapter :)