Two Kingdoms

It's mind-boggling to think that people are actually enjoying this book enough so it got to #12 in the Joji tag and all the way up to #5 on the georgemiller tag.

Thank you so much! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Since I was just a little girl I knew that I would be given away in an arranged marriage as soon as I was of age. My family's kingdom, Troston, had been at the brink of war with the bordering land, Cusain, for as long as I could remember.

         It troubled me for a very long time, the thought of marrying not for love but for a business move, but I guess I decided to grow up and just accept it. No matter how hard or how often I argued with my parents, it never worked. I eventually broke in and gave up any hope of a happy and loving marriage in my future.

         Sad, I know, but the boy I was to marry for our kingdom's longevity at the age of only 16, was in nice terms, a coldhearted shell. I had met him several times during our lives at different points, mostly for political debates or gatherings of the kingdom's leaders. He had never said much to me ever. He always had kind of a bitter expression.

          Maybe his mother or father had been feeding him negativity about Troston his whole life, or maybe he just learned on his own. Or even more understandably, he knew that I would block out the chance for any sort of real love in his life. I'm not sure.

          After the wedding, I was to pack and leave my childhood, family, friends, and all my happy memories and move north to Cusain for the rest of my miserable days.

          Unfortunately, the week of my long-awaited marriage came sooner than I had ever wanted it to. Palace servants ran about, taking out the finest plates, rugs, and candles so the guests from our Rival would be comfortable in our fairly spacious castle for the time they would be staying. Others cleaned every surface and inch of the floor until it gleamed. More cleared out my room of all of my clothing and other belongings, Minus the dreaded wedding dress of course, and packed it all into wooden boxes for travel.

           Then, The day I would mourn the rest of my life arrived.

           I was awoken by three of the female palace workers. I was told to strip down completely to my bare skin and to get into the wooden basin in the corner of my bed chamber. After insisting I could wash just fine, I was told that my mother had ordered them to do it, so it was guaranteed that it was done properly. So, I stood there awkwardly for a couple of minutes as a couple of people I didn't know all that well, scrubbed me down.

           I was immensely relieved when they finally handed me a cloth to dry myself off with. After I had dried myself, I was tossed a pair of my drawers and told to sit down at my vanity once I was ready. I knew stalling wouldn't help my case at all, so I did as told and sat.

           Right away, they started tugging my hair into a fancy hairstyle atop my head and applying a light coat of lipstick. After Coal was put on to line my eyes, I stood and cooperated as they helped me into my wedding gown.

           I was tied into a corset and hoop cage before yards of fabric and layers were added over it. Lastly, and a jacket-like bodice with belled out sleeves was added over my Corset and underdress, completing my process of being prepared for my kingdom's big day.

            The ladies who helped me get ready all collected themselves and left the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I made eye contact with myself in the mirror, my mind absolutely scrambled with emotions and other thoughts. I was swept out of my thoughts when I heard a very familiar voice come from the side.