I'm On Ice, Can't You Tell?

George's POV

               I've only known (Y/N) for a couple of weeks now. 

               We sparked pretty much instantly. We met at our mutual Friend Ian's party. 

               Both of us are at, I wouldn't say a low point in our lives, but one where we're looking for an escape ladder and there never seems to be one. 

               After the party that night we walked to her place, a crappy little apartment that had one room, besides the bathroom and closet in the corner. We just sat on her bed and talked until morning light came through the windows.

               I guess we could identify with each other really well as we were both pretty broken on the inside. 

               Our emotion and hearts were frozen but had the potential of being thawed. 

               We hung out at least every other day after that, nothing more than friends at first. Then after a while, it turned into something more, we hadn't really addressed it yet though.

               It was a lot different than my usual isolation, and I feel like it was for her too.

               She'd come to my house and the next time I'd come to hers.

               It was like this for three weeks until one time she showed up at my door at 1 am. 

               "Will you run away with me?" She asked the second I opened the door. She had puffy red eyes that made me hurt for her. My sleepy mind took a minute to process as she kept talking. 

                 "I know it's a little sudden. I just really need to get the fuck out of here. It's only a two-day drive to Los Angeles if we take turns driving," She spoke to me, "I guess I was planning on leaving anyway, seeing as there wasn't anything for me to leave behind here anyways, but now you're in my life. I can't leave you here."

                 "You want me to move to LA with you?" I asked her, crossing my arms.

                 "Now that I think of it it's pretty selfish of me to request that you leave everything here and just move across the country, I'm seriously so sorry I even-" She started to apologize, but I cut her off.

                 "I'll do it."

                 "What?!"

                 "Ian can fly out if he really wants to see me. I need you now, and seeing as you're leaving anyway I guess I don't have a choice." I smiled, shrugging. 

                 She stood in shock for a couple of seconds before throwing her arms around my neck in a tight embrace. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her inside so we could make plans and pack up the stuff I was bringing. 

                 So there I was a day later, riding over the border into Pennsylvania in the passenger seat of (Y/N)'s 1981 Chevy Malibou Station Wagon. 

                 Our stuff was packed in the two backseats, clothes and other keepsakes that we didn't want the apartments to throw out when they got the news we weren't coming back. 

                 I didn't really need to call in to quit a job, seeing as my main source of income was Youtube and the small amount of money I made from SoundCloud every once in a blue moon. 

                 (Y/N) had already quit the job she had at Denny's the day before, so we were all set to go, minus needing to pay the rent for however many months our contracts for the apartments were for. 

                 About 3/4's of the way through Pennsylvania, we were just talking about whatever was on our minds. (Y/N) had brought up some bullshit that if I ever got fed up with her shit I could just leave whenever. 

                I scoffed and reached over to her side of the car, the sleeve of my denim jacket brushing against her bracelet as I scooped her hand that was rested on the council in mine. 

                She looked over at me, moving her gaze between me and the fairly empty interstate. 

                "I'd never do that," I said, looking at the road ahead, "Don't you remember what I said? I need you."

                "Yeah, you could say I need you too." she smiled as we drove on through the night, our hands interlocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was really short and bad, I apologize.

this is the kind of edgy shit you get when you give a sad girl a Corbin Playlist and a Wattpad account

I really hope you were able to find some enjoyment in this.

I have like two more stories written I just haven't published them yet oop-

If you haven't heard any of Corbin's music he's really good, he's from Minnesota (just like your's truly (-;  )

This Chapter was inspired by his song ICE BOY

Go check it out

anyway, thanks for reading. I'm going to bed now.

~V