The Calm Before the Storm

Present Day Sophie P.O.V:
"Wait so you didn't tell her that you were married?" I ask totally confused. "I thought that mom found out and then you left." Sam takes a deep breath before explaining. "I was engaged not married." He clarifies, but mom cuts him off with a scoff.

   "Really Sam?" she asks, giving him a glare before he continues. "Well I didn't tell her because I made up my mind. I was going to be with her. I chose Donna. I had it all planned out; I would send the note to my fiancé to end it with her and to my family so they knew I was safe, and then I would spend the rest of my life with Donna. But..." he begins and I finish his sentence for him "that didn't end up happening." I say solemnly and he simply nods.

Young Donna P.O.V:

Dear Diary,
It's been nearly 2 months since I first met Sam and I couldn't be happier. We've been staying on the island, just enjoying each other's company. I started singing at Fernando's as nightly entertainment to help get more people there. Sam even made posters and plastered them all around town to increase the business and it seems to be working! There's nothing we can't do together. Life is just so perfect right now.
~ Donna

"Writing about me?" Sams asks with a smirk as he comes to sit beside me on the bed. "Haha you wish." I lie, in an effort to hide the blush on my cheeks. "Oh, I see. Who's this mystery man you're writing about then?" Sam asks with a smirk, knowing it was really him.

"Just some guy I meant a little while ago." I said as I closed my diary. "Tell me about him." Sam said with a smile and I say up more, trying to think of all of his traits. "Well, he's tall, has brown hair, a terrible cook..." I tease and Sam quickly speaks up. "He sounds very handsome." "Oh yeah, he surely thinks so. What else...oh he has the most irrational fear of goats." I laugh, but Sam merely looks down sadly.

"Is everything okay? Did I say something?" I ask but he quickly shakes his head. "No, no, you're great. You just reminded me of this girl I met a few months ago." Sam begins, causing me to raise my eyebrows.

"Really? Who is she?" I ask, having a feeling it's me. "Let's see, she's blond, very adventurous, an amazing singer, she keeps a little diary that she never lets anyone read...and she has the most beautiful smile in the whole wide world that can make any day brighter." She finishes seriously, as he grabs my hands in his own.

"Well she sounds pretty amazing." I say with a heart full of love. "She is." Sam adds and our lips quickly meet in a slow and passionate kiss.

"I love you." Sam said honestly as he held me close. "I love you too." We both smile at each other, basking in the other's comfort, before Sam looks at his watch and quickly gets up.

"What is it?" I ask, confused as to why he's rushing to leave. "The market is going to close in an hour and we don't have anything for dinner tonight. I'll be back, love." He coos before planting a quick kiss on my forehead and heading out the door.

After what seemed like an eternity of boredom, I find it in me to clean the cabin as a nice surprise for Sam when he comes home...funny, I've never called a place home before and truly meant it. Although I absolutely love Greece, it's not my home...Sam is.

With that thought in mind, I begin cleaning before stumbling upon a locked drawer. What could be in here? I take a bobby pin out of my hair and quickly pick the lock, thank you Rosie for teaching me how to do that. However, what I find is worse than I anything I could have ever imagined...

A photo a beautiful girl about my age, but not just that, a note. A note from her to Sam, signed Love Always, the future Mrs. Carmichael.

This must be a mistake. There must be another Sam or something...this can't be true. He wouldn't lie to me...he wouldn't...would he?

A/N: Hey guys! I bet you didn't think you'd see an update from this story lol.

I honestly completely forgot about it but found this chapter in my drafts from over a year ago so I figured I'd post it!

My writing has improved a lot since I first began and I would consider continuing this story if there is enough interest.

Thank you to everyone who has been reading so far, I really appreciate it

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jul 25, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें