The Truth Hurts

Young Donna P.O.V:
Dear Diary,
I think I may be in love with Sam. Am I crazy? Am I rushing into things? I mean I've barely known the man for more than a day but I don't know, there's something so different about him. He's not like anyone that I've ever been with. He's so smart, sweet, and caring. Oh, did I mention that he is drop dead gorgeous? If looks could kill, I would have been dead the first time I laid my eyes on him! He's just so amazing, I can't even put words to it! Last night he was so open and genuine with me. I got to know the real him. I feel like we can just be totally honest with each other and that we can tell each other anything.
After our walk and our kiss yesterday, we went to the little cottage just outside the village, where he is staying at. We just went in to talk and work on the blue prints for the hotel, but then one thing led to another and . . .
~Donna

Young Sam P.O.V:
    I awaken to find the sun blinding me, causing me to turn my head to the left. I look to my side, expecting to see a blissfully sleeping Donna, but instead am only left with the sight of the messy sheets of last night's events. I quickly sit up, feeling a mix of confusion and worry. I know that I've just met her, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happened to her. I get out of bed and run outside to find Donna sitting on a chair, writing in a diary. She doesn't notice me so I sneak behind her and snatch it from her hands, causing her to playfully scream and jump up to grab it back from me. Being significantly taller than her does have it's advantages in situations like this. I open the journal and look through the pages as I read aloud. "Who's Charles?" I ask with a chuckle and Donna's face turns beat red. Her failed attempts at recovering her beloved diary have increased now more than ever. "Looking at the way your blushing, he must have been someone special." I laugh, causing her to turn even more red. "Sam! Hand it over! I'm not kidding!!!" She exclaims but I ignore her and just keep reading. I finally flip to my page and walk away in silence, causing Donna to follow close behind with a confused expression. "Sam, what is it?" She asks worriedly, but I don't respond. I just keep reading the same sentence, over and over again, in disbelief in my head:

                    Dear Diary,
                         I think I may be in love with Sam...

    She's in love with me? No it can't be? This can't happen. No! I have a fiancé, I can't be in love with Donna. I made a promise to marry her long before I met Donna. I only came here for a quick escape. I always intended on going back...right? God, I barely know this girl, but I'm crazy about her! We can't be in love. It's impossible, right? I keep trying to convince myself otherwise, but no matter how hard I try, I can't deny the truth. I'm in love with Donna Sheridan.
    My endless thoughts are interrupted by a hand on my shoulder. "Sam, what is it?" Donna asks, concerned. I just look deep into her eyes, knowing what I have to do. I can't lie to her any longer. She deserves better than me. I won't hurt her. "Donna, I need to tell you something." I say gloomily. "What is it? Is it about what I wrote in my diary? Sam, if that's it, I didn't mean it..." She nervously says, not making eye contact, but I grab her hands and quickly interject. "No, no. That's not it." She looks in my eyes for reassurance and I give her a comforting smile, whilst I squeeze her hand tight. "I haven't been completely honest with you. I'm not only here to just clear my head and get away from life." I begin, but Donna interrupts. "So was everything that you told me a lie?" She questions and I quickly shake my head. "No Donna. It was all true. I meant everything." I say, referring to my expressed feelings about her. She smiles and I hesitate for a moment, attempting to savor the moment, knowing that after I tell her this, she'll probably never talk to me again.
    I eventually build up enough courage to tell her. "Donna, the truth is that I have a..." I look into her eyes once more and see nothing but pure love within them, making me second guess everything. If I tell her the truth, I'll hurt her. If I don't and she finds out somehow, I'll hurt her even more. Or, she'll never find out, but my fiancé will be heart broken. No matter what I do, someone ends up heartbroken. What am I suppposed to do? Who do I want to be with? My fiancé is a really nice and good woman, but I don't love her, not like I love Donna. Donna is the nicest, most ambitious person in the whole world. She has so many great ideas and has the biggest dreams. God, I can't see myself living without her. I can't lose her, not like this.
    "What do you have Sam?" Donna asks, dragging me back into reality. "Oh right, sorry." I chuckle nervously before continuing. "I have a...a..." now is the time Sam, what are you going to do? Your fiancé or Donna, now or never? " I have a...fear of goats." I spit out before instantly regretting it. Really Sam? That's the best you can come up with? All of a sudden, I hear Donna burst out laughing and I join in, nervously. "Oh god, that's hilarious. I thought you were going to tell me that you were married or something." She continues laughing and I just look down at myself in disappointment. Well I was going to tell you that, but it didn't end up happening. And were not technically married yet so... "Now Sam, this is nothing to be ashamed of. With my help, you'll be a goat lover in no time!" She jokes and I just wrap her in a longing embrace. We stay there for a bit as I contemplate my thoughts. I have to end things with my fiancé. If I had to choose between her and Donna, I'd choose Donna any day. I'll stay here and live with Donna. We can build the hotel and have a happy life together. I'll write a letter to my fiancé and my family explaining everything, but I'll keep it vague so they can't find me. God I hope they'll understand. I just can't lose Donna. The truth would hurt too much.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. The first few chapters were a trial period, but after reading all of my messages and hearing about how much you guys like it, I am continuing! I love Mamma Mia so much and am so glad that I get to share my love of it with all of you. Please comment and vote! I'm always open to any and all recommendations! And I will give credit to the recommendations that I use in my story.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Do you want me to end it with Sam here and move on to Bill, or keep going with Sam for a few more chapters? Thanks!