Dan NO!! (Phil's POV)

Sorry for not updating but what can I say I'm a trash human.

Bold=writing on the notepad

Italics=thoughts

My expression falls and I drop my hand with tears forming in my eyes. Dan my beautiful Dan was hurt and unconscious. His skin is frost white and heavy bags reside under his eyes. The tears burst from their dam and I start to violently sob. What the hell is he doing in a hospital bed?! Did he get shot too? What happened after I lost consciousness? He should be perfectly happy. He should be beside me on the couch binging an anime at home.

I go to write on my notepad but I've completely soaked it with my tears. I look up at the nurse with pleading eyes and she seems to understand.

"He passed out in front of the ICU waiting for you." So he wasn't hurt by the burglar. I guess that makes sense there doesn't appear to be any cuts on his face. it still doesn't explain why he's even in the hospital in the first place.

"He had a panic attack when one of our other patients flatlined," she continues to explain
"He thought it was you." He is a very anxious person I try to reason with myself. Normally his panic attacks aren't this bad though. I furrow my eyebrows and try to understand. The nurse is quick to explain more when she sees my confusion.

"When we analyzed him the doctored found signs of extreme exhaustion and malnutrition" she informs me with a somber expression.
"We suspect he hasn't had a good sleep or meal in about" she looks at her clipboard and my anxiety builds. "6-9 weeks"

WTF? We eat together every day. The thoughts remind me of all the times he's made excuses.
"Oh I've eaten already" he would say every morning. And the suddenly gone food at lunch and dinner

"We administered vitamins into his bloodstream and given him anesthetics so he can rest," she says, reading off her clipboard again.
When will he wake up I desperately attempt to write on my hand but my tears have made it look like it's rained. I show it to the nurse anyways. She squints at it and it takes her a few seconds before she realizes what I'm trying to say.

"He should be waking up..." she looks at her watch, silently counting
"4 hours" My eyes widen resulting in more tears falling.
That's not enough sleep I try to tell but again the words just won't come. The nurse rips out a page from her clipboard and hands it to me, pity still fresh in her eyes.

That's not enough time!
"It very much is," she says. "If we keep him asleep any longer we run the risk of putting him in a coma,"

K so I got lazy and didn't finish this chapter but I figure that I should probably update for once so have this short and incomplete chapter