⇻ Reasons ⇺

-Reasons

        Newt and I walked to the building in which the gathering was held at, there we saw Alby and Minho talking about... well about it.

        " Newt, you do realize that she has to do it right? Anne I am very sorry but you need to do it. Do you know what the paper meant by the doors won't close at night? Of course you don't, well then we will have to show you."

        He walked out of the building and told me to follow him, we walked to one of the entries of the Maze, leaving Newt and Minho inside of the building,  and then it happened. The enormous stone walls started closing, leaving us trapped inside of the Glade. It was as horrifying as magnificent.

        " These walls close every night and open everyday. These walls protect us from the grievers they, "

        I cut him off, I was tired of being quiet, of not asking questions " What the hell are grievers?"

        Alby looked at me surprised, clearly he is not used to being cut off " You will see tomorrow when Newt gives you the tour, but let me tell you one thing, you don't want to encounter one of them. As I was saying before, they keep us safe, they block anything from coming inside of the Glade when we are sleeping. And as you could guess, we also need the supplies, they are what makes us able to have this little community." then he looked at me with pity in his eyes " Anne, you have to do this, for all of us." 

        " Can we go inside, please?" I was getting tired, too many questions unanswered, too many things to think about.

        " I guess so... I'll tell Newt to give you a bed to sleep tonight."         

        Then we walked across the field towards what looked like the main building. On our way there we walked past a group of boys, they were sitting on the floor around a little fire, talking and laughing. Then a question that couldn't wait to be answered came to my mind.

        " Alby, do they know?"I whispered, Alby looked at me confused so I guessed that he didn't understand what I meant. " I mean, do they know what the paper says?" 

        " No, I was planning on telling them on a meeting while you are on your tour with Newt" I guess that I looked very scared, because after looking at me he said. " Don't worry, Newt, Minho and I will protect you, no one will touch you unless, well you umm..." 

        I could see what he was trying to say, and he seemed very uncomfortable trying to say it, so I just made his life easier. " Thanks, by the way where is Newt?"

        " That is what I am going to see, just stay here for a moment, if you need anything, just scream ok?" and saying this he left running in search of Newt. 

        About a minute after he left, a little chubby boy walked up to me. He couldn't be more than 13.        

        " Hi!, my name is Chuck. Are you lost? Cause you do really look lost." He smiled and some how, I found myself smiling too.

        " I am Anne, no I am not lost, actually I am waiting for Alby, he left to look for Newt"

        " Ohh, ok, if you don't mind, I will wait with you, just to make sure that you are ok" I gave him an incredulous look, c'mon, was he trying to say that he would protect me from strong 17 year olds? Still he was adorable so I just laughed and we sat down and talked until Alby and Newt came.        

        " Is everything okay?" Newt said looking concerned

        " Yes, Chuck here was giving me company"

        " Great, but I think that it is time for me to show you where you are going to sleep, and well I might be able to answer some questions" Then he helped me get up and we walked to what he called the Homestead.

        <after we took a few steps in that direction I realized that I was starving " Um Newt?"

        " Yes?"

        " I am dying of hunger"

        " So you are starving, maybe Frypan will let us have something to eat."

        " Frypan really?" I said as a raised an eyebrow " I mean, what kind of name is Frypan?"

        " The name of a shucking amazing cook" I turned around too see who said that and saw a guy who I guessed that was Frypan.

        " I-i am sorry I just..."

        " Hey it is ok, after all you are the greenie"

        Newt was just laughing silently next to me

        " Oh shut up Newt" I said and pushed him slightly

        " We were wondering if you would be so bloody kind to give us something to eat" said Newt trying not to laugh.

        " Sure, here you go" and he gave us two sandwiches.

        These sandwiches were amazing, I don't know if they tasted this good because I was starving or because I didn't remember how any other thing tasted but they were just delicious. We ate them sitting on a bench, without talking, just staring at each other. I couldn't get what the paper said out of my mind. I only had 4 weeks to do it, to find someone and do it... Right before a tear was going to fall down my cheek, Newt moved closer to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I looked at him and saw him blush, it was only for a moment but he did. I must have looked really surprised, because when he looked at me he started chuckling. 

        " C'mon, we better find you a bed"         

        And so we left.        

        My third chapter already :)  I am so happy! Thank you everyone for the reads 37 reads wow, that is much more than what I expected. Please leave comments on what you think that I can do to improve or in something that you want me to add.

        You guys are amazing! ♥︎♥︎♥︎

♛ Book Worm