16 | at the end of his mind

𝐀𝐅𝐆𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍

𝐀𝐅𝐆𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍

TONY

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ 𝚝-𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚜 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜. ]

'No, don't stare at me like that.'

Tony caught his eyes to the projection, forgetting the laser beam that sawed the wire to his panel in half. He hissed under his breath, pushing the screwdriver and the beam away. Great. Now, he had to mould it back together. 

Forgetting about it for a second, he looked back to the holograph from the glasses that rested upon his nose and held back a sigh of defeat. It wasn't torturing; he was jogging up to his memory. And somehow, the stupid BARF tech was only picking out the happenings with Elle in it. 

None of the incidents relating to Elle was traumatic. He knew better than the dull glasses. Their verbal battles were pretty enjoyable. In fact, what came after was thoroughly pleasing. She was sensitive yet fiery and being a press woman, she had her way with words. That was exactly what she was doing. She was using the overwhelming power of her womanhood and syllables and using it against him. 

In the projection, the couple was back in the mansion. Elle was livid, obviously, something to do with triggering her suspicion when he had left town to deal with a certain symbiote being out of town. Tony stood put where he was while watching Elle continue to do what seemed like packing her essentials for a trip.

'Stop it,' she snapped again. 'Just don't look at me with those darned eyes.'

'I'm not doing anything. These eyes?' he murmured, continuing to send her the look which was off-putting, according to Elle. 'I'm notlook, seriously. Zip.'

'You're doing the deep eye contact move in high hopes of getting off with me,' she explained, drawing a clearly impressed expression on Tony with her observations. 'Which as a matter of fact, is wildly obtuse. I'm not having sex with you three hours before my flight.' 

Tony already what words the projection of him was going to say, mouthing the sentence along with himself. He had a small smile on his face.

'Have ever told you I love you?'

'Tony,' she breathed out, her lips faltering with a smile, 'come on, now. Be serious.'

'What? I do!'